1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Sunday, September 11, 2016

When did he get so BIG?????

Seriously when did this little boy who rarely spoke to anyone other than Joe and me, and just stared at people get to be such a big little guy??  Time sure does fly by...

Today is just a down and hanging out day.  I need to get busy on Isabel treats and try my hand at some Moon cakes as the 15th is the Mid-Autumn/Moon Festival.  Looking forward to seeing how they turn out.  Wish me luck!  But first a little update on what's been going on here!



Last week we met Nian's teacher and he got to explore/play in his classroom some.  The advantage of having preschool at our church is that he's been down to his classroom a few times already.  He is SO excited...  The next day we met some other families and kids at the Pop cycle party.  He was no longer my shy little guy, and had a great time running around.  Not so sure how he'll be in class as there are 10 girls and 3 boys total.  He'll have a great time I know.  As he says "I am SO excited!".

Quite possibly one of the BEST parts of school...  Scholastic BOOKS

We better have Baba look at our wish list before we order...  Ut oh I could get into big trouble with this!

We put together his train set again and he had a good time playing with that before bed. We turned it into a Dino Discovery training complete with a T-Rex at the bottom of the hill, and a 50 ft dog making an occasional walk through....


Isabel not too thrilled by having her picture taken...


We got the last document we needed from the Consulate on Friday! WOO HOO. Of course as I was making copied the printer ran out of ink.  Luckily we had to run to my work since I forgot my phone of all things...  Thanks Lord, now I know why I forgot it.  I was able to make the needed copy to send to our agency, which we did on Saturday and what a special treat to see Deb at the counter.  She was the main Postal worker who helped me send our docs out for Nian.  So great that she was there because she is retiring in a few weeks.   Fitting that she was there to send our last Dossier document!

Ugh no that won't work for a copy.  But it's completed it's Seal process!!!

Ready to go to CCAI so we can be DTC....

Saturday we headed over to the local park for an annual Pow Wow, we were able to see the dancing in between downpours but it was fun.  Nian seemed to like it and yellow is his color.  Just LOVE free hand me down jackets.  Fit him pretty good and I haven't been able to find one like it so that made me happy.  I



Once the rain cleared up we headed outside for some cool air and bike riding.  Baba came out and Nian decided yes he'd like to try his Big bike.  He did pretty good but needs to grown another inch or two to be able to peddle properly.  But he has the breaking down! 



Later that night we headed out for a walk and stopped at the school to play a bit.  It was then I realized while Nian will have so many 1st this year, WE will also have a lot of lasts these next few months as he will be an only child for just a few more months. How different our lives will be this time next year.   this process is similar to the first time, yet so different on so many levels. 

Today was Nian's first day of Sunday school. So very exciting and he did such a great job!  Again he was SO excited to go, especially since it was in his classroom.  He walked right in without a thought to say good bye or anything.  LOVE THIS KID!!!  and I am so blessed and thankful that he doesn't have any of my shyness in him.  He's just like his Baba and I love it!  One of the other boys even asked him what his name was and he told him! BIG steps for my Big guy! 

Tuesday is the big day - Preschool....  I'm currently debating if I should keep my half day off and pick him up or go into work and let Aunt Shellee get him as will be the routine. UGH tough one.  I'd love to get him and hear all about his first day, yet I have a payroll deadline at work.  Guess I'll be working extra hard tomorrow to make sure all is good so I can get my boy and hear about his day!  You only have your 1st ever day of preschool once!   :-)

Our puzzle fundraiser is coming along good.  A few more pieces off the main puzzle!  This one will run until we head over to China.  We hope to get at least half of it sponsored, if not the whole thing. 



Thanks for stopping by and following our journey Back to China.  We can't wait to see what new and exciting things are in store for Nian and our new little guy. 

Blessings.....



No comments:

Post a Comment