1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Mid Autumn Festival, and I800A take two!

Nian LOVED preschool. And he didn't even ask Aunt Shellee if he was going to daycare..  So exiting.  He is just loving it, he started singing 2 songs he learned at school.  If your happy and you know it stomp your foot, and the Wheels on the bus go round and round.  And I have to say when I write/type bus I have a hard time with just using 1 S.... lol

Nian wanted to take a picture, and Baba had to be a smarty pants... 

We celebrated Mid-Autumn Festival Thursday with homemade moon cakes, rice, and pot stickers. Nian wanted to wait and eat with Baba which is ok because I had a hair appointment later that night. The moon cakes were actually easy to make, i made up my own filling of pumpkin, cranberry, coconut, and nuts.  I'll have to try a more "senior" traditional one later this year.  The first try with the press didn't work right but I quickly figured it out and the rest went pretty smooth.  By time I got to the end it was pretty easy and felt like I'd been making them forever.  The hardest part of it all was waiting to eat them. It takes a few days for them to soften enough to eat them.  Good stuff.  Joe thought they were too sweet, that's because I used honey instead of Golden syrup. And my flour measurement conversion was off too but it all worked out. :-)


The hot mess is the first one out of the press.  It was nice because that was our tester!

Pre-baked

Fresh out of the oven

Filling, I couldn't get a good pic.


Thursday I sent an email to our agency to run an idea/plan through with them for I800A Take two!  Thank God I did because upon their reply I found out that the 23rd is the last date they will be sending Dossiers to China until Mid Oct... MID OCTOBER.. Apparently China shuts down the mail for whatever reason.  So after I got home from the saloon I got busy on getting our 2nd I800A copy ready to send to the courier to head to the consulate and then from her direct to our agency.  I make 2 copies of every document we need for the Dossier and get is notarized and certified for just this type of issue...  

Still no word on where that first envelope is at, sounds like they think it could be damaged. We are so thankful that it didn't have more sensitive documents inside, like passports or other documents that would have other personal identity info in there. So we are moving forward. 

Friday night we headed out to the FexEx office right by the airport, now if this envelope got lost within a mile of the airport I'd take God's hint.  Lucky for us it made it out that night and is currently sitting in Chicago to be delivered to the courier on Monday. As we were leaving we saw one of their airplanes coming in for a landing.  Thanks for that reassurance God!  Joe headed to get some dinner, and Nian and I headed to the airport park to see if we could see any planes take off or land. That place was pretty busy with families eating dinner while watching or sitting in their cars.  Wish I had the camera with me but I was more focused on getting out the door that night.  We saw 1 plane land, and 5 take off.  Nian thought it was great.  We'll head back there in a few weeks with Baba and some dinner to watch more. 

I'm happy to have this very stressful week behind me, and though I still feel a little nervous about this upcoming week we will continue to pray our documents get processed and to their destination by Friday so we can get our Dossier over to China and meet our boy! 

Instead of obsessing about it, oh yeah I'll be stalking the tracking numbers for sure, I'm going to start working on our upcoming Fall Fundraiser.  Need to get our auction items sorted, baked goods lined up to sell, and figure out exactly what we're going to put on our menu.  Oct 15 5-7pm at Messiah Lutheran Church on 5 Mile.  Hope to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by and keeping us in your prayers.  We ask that you also keep our family and friends in your prayers as final goodbyes are said to a mother, a daughter overcomes multiple surgeries, and a friend mourns the loss of his Father.   Really puts our little missing document into perspective that's for sure.  

Blessings!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment