So it's July.. And some of you know what that means right!? As a good friend said when I told her I was getting my own office.. You can shut the door and listen to Christmas music ALL the time now. Hey there's a reason they say it's Christmas in July.... ah anyway.. 3 out of four family members in my house appreciates Christmas in July and that's how we roll.
Anyway....
This week was a good, but long week. Nian started playing this really funny game online. Sadly I don't know how to access it on Joe's kindle or even what it's called so he MUST wait for Baba to get home to play it. It's a word game where these animals run over the word and the letters go all over. then you just have an outline of the word, so you have to move the letters back where they go. As your moving them they sound the letter out. Some of them are really freakin funny. Eh eh eh eh eheh.. Oh you have to hear it.
Nian also got his haircut this week, LONG over due.. and he sat there the whole time without fussing. It's his first full haircut since we've been home. I love watching him grow. At the same time it's kind of sad cuz before we know it he'll be so independent.
Yesterday we did some Dinosaur drawings, and planted the garden. Joe found this big o'l night crawler. I don't think he liked my garden soil, so we quickly moved him to a non treated soil area of the yard. Nian isn't in his boys like all things gross phase yet so he wouldn't touch it. That's one part of his life I can definitely
| Foot outlines. the HUGE one on the bottom is mine that Nian did, the other are his and the neighbors. |
While I was planting father and son were putting together these cool and fun items. We put the turtle by the big picture window so Nian can look at it anytime. He wanted it in the back yard but I vetoed that idea since he wouldn't be able to see it.
| This little turtle can book! |
| This is how our girls relaxes at night. EXCEPT the week of July 4th. |
We have been loving this cooler weather all week. The house is wide open and the breeze is just a blowing. Nian asked for soup for the 2nd time this week. Our boy sure loves his soup. Which is great because we love soup too!! He's just informed me he has hic huck... if you didn't get that just think about it, without really thinking about it, it'll come to you! and Welcome to my world of words!
| In true Chinese form both hands! |
This morning we made blueberry bran muffins. He wanted to eat one right when it came out of the oven but I told him we had to let them cool first. Glad we had some applesauce squeezies cuz I had not reg apple sauce. Worked just fine, tho he wasn't happy about me using HIS squeezey for it.
| you used MY squeezie... |
| I make good muffins. |
| You want to try some? |
we're just hanging out this morning into mid day not doing a whole lot. I'm listening to Pandora as I type. Must be on a 80's style station it's bringing back some memories.. Like Wayne's World.. one of the best parts of the movie - Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go... Anyway the wind blows. (GONG) And one of Blondes songs just repeats the words. who knew!? Do you take sugar? 1 lump or 2? And one of my favorites playing right now - Dark in the city night is a wire... In touch with the ground, I'm on the hunt I'm after you.. That one takes me back to 6th grade being with Tammy at Jody's house watching a then new MTV and waiting for the video to come on. Good times... Funny how a song can bring back so many memories...
This weekend we really don't have any big plans. As 2 of the 3 of us in the house are still in pj's I ain't lying... Maybe we'll do some dancing, cuz We can dance if we want to.
I've been working on our fundraiser puzzle and hope to have our Facebook fundraiser page up soon.
We had our last home visit this week WOO HOO... Got our case worker one last piece of paperwork and hope to get a copy of the home study to review before next weekend. She goes on vacation for 2 weeks starting the 9th so we'd LOVE to get it done and submitted to CCAI before then. I also heard from our courier that our documents are at the Chines consulate. However she too is on vacation and won't be picking them up until the 11th... Reading that email really started making this real again. I mean it's real and we know that but (I believe) there is a time during everyone's journey where it just hits you - this is really happening. Even being through this once already it still knocked me off my feet... We are having another baby and we're getting closer to him/her everyday. I am still really calm, like I was our journey to Nian. We are also very excited to realize how close we are, for all the paper chase and planning we do it still comes as a surprise. Pretty soon we'll be filling out and sending our I800A form to the USCIS and awaiting our finger print appointment. It's ok if you wanna cry with me cuz it IS a very emotional thing.. :-)
Time to get back with the boys and see what they are up to. Joe busted out his fishing box of old time match cars from when he was nian's age. Sounds like their having good time.
Please say a prayer for my friend Linda and her family. Linda's mom went to be with our Lord and is no longer in pain.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a SAFE 4th of July weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment