1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Friday, April 1, 2016

T minus 17.5 hours

I thought I would do a quick post before our big (at least we pray it's big) Fundraiser Dinner-Auction-Bake Sale.  Which is in 17.5 hours.  Why then you may ask am I up at this time of night.   Well....  If I have something planned and it's big then that's the way we roll here at the Buss home.  Up late and up early the next day.  I can't say how we'll be come Saturday night at 8 pm but I can almost guarantee that Nian will be up and full of energy.  Now if he could just off load some of that to us we'd all be better off! ;-)

The past few days have a flurry of shopping, collecting, baking, cooking, with a good dose of family fun and play time.  Nian has befitted the most I think as he's been up later than we like this last week, but that's ok.  Sometimes we have to break curfew to get some stuff done. Which is why I myself am still up but I have my trusted partner with me all the way from China!  No it's NOT Nian geesh we might let him break curfew but not this late! Hahaha.  Not Joe either although this is still early for him!

The 1 addiction I got in China. Who knew I'd like instant.... only at night!


We are looking forward to tomorrow and hope the weather holds off and it's too bad for the event.  For those of you not local we are expected to get snow tomorrow.  That seems to be our luck with fundraiser parties of late.  The Thirty One party was cancelled due to weather.  I hope this isn't a constant theme cuz I will not be a happy camper if we get delayed to China due to weather. 

We have so many great items for our auction.  What a Blessing that has been to us.  We sure do have some great, wonderful, caring family, friends, neighbors, and friends of friends.  Everyone has been so generous with their donations, we can't THANK YOU enough!  It truly means the world to us to feel your love, hugs, and generosity.  Yeah you know me I'm tearing up as I type. I've never been good at asking for help for myself/family, so this has been a very emotional event for me. 

For those of you coming tomorrow we hope you have a Great time, Meet some new friends. Meet  our family (if you haven't already, 2 of my 3 sisters will be there can you spot who they are?), enjoy the food, and find some great items to take home!

We'd appreciate all your prayers for a successful event tomorrow, and good weather. Our dear friends Bev and Adam will be in town tomorrow.  We feel so blessed to have them come tomorrow night as they LEAVE WED for CHINA to bring their daughter home!!!!!   The fact is not lost on us as we know too well how precious this last weekend before travel is for them and their families. Please keep them and their daughter in your prayers these next few weeks.  Such exciting times for them!

Here are some of the baked goods for our sale.  Let me tell you it's been tough not getting into those turtles.....  Not sure how that's happening but it's working so far! 

Turtles or a Robot smiling at you! 

Not for Sale but Nian was doing his own baking!

Apple Pie

Blueberry Pie

Cold Mountain Rub

Homemade Chocolate Syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment