Today is my first day in a new department. Which still seems so weird to me. I'm sad but excited at the same time. I have been with the city for 16 1/2 years, all of those in water. 14.5 of them in the department I spend my last day in on Friday. I was given about 8 1/2 working days notice so to say I was shocked is a bit of an understatement. I was shocked when I was first told so it didn't really sink in until I called Joe with the news. And NO I am not out of a job, just this job in this department. That is one of many reason I love being in a union! I will be moving to the Police department and they are SO excited to have my knowledge and experience come to them with this position. Let me tell you that's such a wonderful feeling to know you will be valued for those two things in your working life.
| Nian needed to make his own lunch too. Brown bag on middle shelf. |
![]() |
| Flowers sent from my group at Water, I know who you are!!! |
![]() |
| I have my own office with just enough desk for my work! |
I made it through the day, although I found a lot more people that don't know how to drive.. Not sure I'll be able to stay sane with that part of the new job. It is exciting to be downtown and around may shops and restaurants. And I have access to the fitness center/work out rooms too so that's pretty cool. It was rough getting Nian at 530pm instead of my usual 4ish time frame. I do have the option of working 7am - 4pm but I'm not sure what I want to do yet.
Nian's speech therapy is going really good. He's talking up a storm and most words are legible. Pretty soon we won't be able to get him to be quiet. Ha we already have those moments some nights! And this boy.. the other night his dad tells him to come get his pj's on he yells NO twice then starts giving him the what for under his breath. It was funny but not. Funny because that's the first time I heard him do that, not funny because he shouldn't be so saucy with his dad. I found an awesome sand box for FREE (best kind) a few weeks ago and Nian LOVES it.. He discovered what it's like to bury your feet.
| Filling his bucket WAY over to the left... |
| Water makes it fun! |
| We had to eat dinner in the sandbox. Isabel was hoping he'd drop some! |
| She likes to play too |
Thanks for stopping by. Hope to have some more exciting posts in the weeks to come. Blessings to you!


No comments:
Post a Comment