Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2
2014 Year of the Horse
Sunday, July 19, 2015
6 months a Family
Today marks 6 months since we board that bus with 7 other families and
headed to the civil service office. I don't think we will ever forget
that day. I can't remember much of the morning but I remember everything
from the moment we saw our beautiful little boy and became a family. I am still
amazed at this blessing the good Lord gave us with Nian. It seems like he's
been with us forever. Joe and I can barely remember the time before Nian. While we will get to the point where we’ll
just be celebrating this big day on a yearly basis, I’m sure a monthly update
with be done. That’s just the way it is here!
This week weekend Joe and Nian headed a short distance north to hang out
for the day at Guys Camp. Joe got Nian a
little fishing pole. While he didn’t
catch anything he quickly understood the concept of fishing and how to work the
pole. He had a GREAT time. I think, based on a few stories, that he had
more fun trying to get off the pontoon than he did fishing. That boy was pooped when he got home. We all got a good night sleep, uninterrupted!!!
What a rare blessing that was for us.
While they were gone, I got to work on my ever growing “list” while the boys were gone. I had intended to work on sorting items for
our fall garage sale (all Buss sales going toward our next adoption), and sort
out the many craft projects for this falls craft shows. I didn’t quite make it down to the basement
to get started on that project. But I
still got a lot of work done upstairs.
Did some overdo cleaning/sorting in the kitchen. Who knew the top of the fridge could get so
dirty. Ugh.
This is how Isabel and I roll when it’s just us girls at home. We cranked up the tunes and while I got to
work she enjoyed the house with NO little brother! Bonus for us it was
Christmas in July on the music channel.
What better way to tackle a long list then with some holiday tunes! I like the suggestion on the screen too so I
just might have to do that next year.
I tackled our bedroom and Nian’s.
With some careful rearranging I was able to get his spring Horse out of
our bedroom (where it’s been covered up) and into Nian’s room. He LOVES it. I know Joe loves it too as he’s
always stubbing his pinky toe on what he’s labeled as “that thing we just had to have”. LOL Yep that’s right we
did have to have it especially since I had been looking for one since before
Nian came home. Thanks Lobdell family!!!
Our friends Adam and Bev shared on fb today about their adoption. Adam is a very talented artist and has some
great drawing on their fundraiser page.
Please check out their page and if you see a picture you’d like to add
to your collection make a donation and contact Adam. Adoption isn’t easy by any means emotionally,
mentally, or financially. Click the link
here or on my page. http://www.youcaring.com/adam-and-beverly-brown-391665#.VauexYS9GO0.facebook
We have a pretty uneventful week coming up.
Not much going on here which is ok since Nian’s pallet surgery is the
following week.
Thanks for your continuous support.
We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers you have sent our way. We continue to pray for patience and
understanding as we grow and learn as a family.
We pray that our good Lord blessing you as well and ministers to your
needs.
No comments:
Post a Comment