1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Friday, May 1, 2015

What are you thinking?

I often wish I could read Nian's mind, and also wonder what are you thinking? on an almost daily basis. And not the sarcastic or your in trouble "what are you thinking?".  I really wonder at times what's running through his mind.

Which leads me to wonder if he sees things at times that remind him of his life before us.  Does a certain smell or item remind him of his foster family.  Does he have many memories of them?  There were times when he would look at his photo book and get a far away look.  I wonder if seeing himself before "us" brings back memories.  I can't help but cry as my heart breaks for the family who I know loved him as their own, the mother who put his needs first to have a better life and get the medical help he needed, and for his little heart and mind that must have wondered those first terrifying days in the orphanage before meeting us what was going on and why he just left the only "family" he knew. I wish we could have met this family who cared for our little boy, showed him love, and taught him so much.  We will forever Thank God he was placed in such a loving home. 

Nian has the most expressive expressions I have seen.  He's so fun of love it fill me everyday. When he sees people and just looks I can only imagine what's running through his mind.  I can't wait until his pallet is repaired and he starts talking more.  We are going to have such conversations. I see myself being outnumbered by my boys.  The two of them will think of all sorts of things cuz ya know it's always fun to tease mom.  But until then he's still my little guy. 

We did get our surgery dates, which I will share as the time gets closer.  He gets ear tubes in June, and his Pallet will be repaired in July. Nian is not a big fan of needle pokes, white coats, or the funny paper covered tables.  Should make going to the hospital LOADS of fun.  We will for sure need your prayers for both of those events.

This week was a GREAT week for Nian at daycare.  The mornings he woke up before I went to work he was smiling and happy.  Telling mama BYE, wuv ou, ee ya, ee ya ater, with lots of mah kisses blown and waves. Then he's all smiles when I pick him up later in the day.  What a Wonderful change to see for him. He has also been sleeping better at night.  He's been falling asleep earlier and staying asleep longer each night.  I am enjoying sleeping in my own bed again!  He's been having a good time playing with the neighborhood kids when we get home so that helps ware him out. It amazes me that he can be hanging half off the couch and still be fast asleep.

Speaking of sleep.  I need to close this up and get mine.  Big day tomorrow going to meet Nian's friend Catherine and her parents in Holland.  Thanks for stopping by and keeping us in your prayers.  Each day is getting better for us, but we still have a ways to go. 

Blessing and have a Safe & Wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. ha ha, nian and xiao yu are alike...heavy on the vowels and light on the consonants. when xiao yu wants to say help please, it comes out "ell eeeeease!"

    ReplyDelete