1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Cabin Fever!

Cocooning I believe is the BEST thing you can do with your adoptive child once you return home.  It really has helped the 3 of us with bonding and attachment.  That is my opinion and every family needs to do what THEY feel is best for them.  That being said, cocooning in the Winter when there is snow and extremely cold weather to deal with is not always easy and of course leads to Cabin Fever!

We have tried to beat this by going to the store a few times a week.  Not just to get out but because we also are in need of various items.  I never thought I'd go through 2 gallons of milk in 1 week.  I should have known from my days of living with Jay and Paula when the boys were younger. Nian is really good at the store and understands that we are not getting toys just because we go down the toy isle and look.  I have to say we usually buy at least 1 book while out and about. Books are awesome and I don't mind being a book spoiler. Books are a good item to buy at every trip. :-)

We have been to see both parents the last few days. Nian got to meet his Uncle Mike and Aunt Karen on Saturday.  They brought him a Thomas the Tank color book, reading book, and a Gordon mini train. Nian LOVED them all.  Especially when he found out that Gordon made noise and talked if you pushed the right button. 

Another big step for our little guy was that he let BOTH his Grandpa and Papa pick him up during our most recent visits.  Poor Grandma's I felt so bad but they know their time will come too.  We had a great visit with both grandparents and are looking forward to our next visit.

Nian likes to watch Thomas the Tank, the Dinosaur Train, (are you seeing a theme here!?) and our gift set of Davy and Goliath.  It's funny watching Davy and Goliath now and seeing how different it is from what I remember as a child. That Davy sure does get into trouble and is whiny, I don't remember all of that... But the messages are the big point in all of the episodes.  I found a few that remind me of myself and the message sure does stick out for me!  I think everyone could use a few episodes of Davy and Goliath from time to time! And you know your in trouble when during dinner you have the theme music to Thomas and Friends running through you mind.

We got some updates from Love without Boundaries.  They sponsored Nian's surgery for his lip while in China and assisted with his foster care.  The great thing about that is of course the updates and photo's they got every month. I can't tell you have wonderful it is to see photo's of him when he was little and to read how much he's grown/done each month. I wish we had some of this information before or while we were in China.  It would have helped us SO much to know that he would wake in the middle of the night and take a while to calm down for his foster family, and that it wasn't just us.  We hope to find a child we can sponsor through their program. If you'd like to help a Child in China please consider them. www.lovewithoutboundaries.com

To help with the cabin fever and because we've been planning to do this for a few years now, we plan to get a membership to Fredrick Meijer Gardens.  Which is perfect timing as the Butterflies will be blooming soon!  How fitting to see butterflies while we are still cocooning.  Which is going great.  Each time we visit family he opens up a bit more. It still takes him a bit to warm up but he's doing great. 


Here are some things we want to get down so we remember this time in our lives and all the fun things going on. 

Nian sleeps like Isabel (hogs the bed), snores like his dad, and is crabby like his mom if woken up too soon.

One time while trying to get him to eat all his food I did the whole I'll pretend his spoon is a plane and a train.  He found them both to be extremely FUNNY and didn't eat anything at all. But I did get a good laugh out of it myself so I can't blame him for that one! 

Consider yourself lucky if while telling you HI on the phone he doesn't hang up on you. 

I am constantly amazed by the little things he does each day that shows just how far we have come since Gotcha day!

Nian freely gives Joe and me kisses, REAL kisses and will ask for us to kiss him on the forehead as well. 

I'll have whatever Baba is having thank you..  This is a constant at dinner time with both food and drink. 

I am so much more relaxed since becoming a Mom than I think I have ever been in my life. I know it surprised me too! :-)

Road rage....  I don't get it anymore, and let me say it wasn't "major" but a strong irritation stage of road rage I had.  If you don't like me doing the speed limit, which I do now with Nian in the car, then go around my happy self! Don't get me wrong people still drive stupid but I let it go now.  I just need a bumper sticker that says Don't think by riding my butt you can intimidate me in my husbands car.  I use to drive the truck so keep trying..

I see so much of Joe and myself in Nian it's hard to believe he did not come from the two of us. 

It's funny that Nian will eat the turkey loaf I made, but didn't touch the meatballs when they were basically the same thing.....  

I patiently await the day when Nian will stop pulling Isabel's tail!  I know she does too. 

You will NEVER have to wonder if you have really irked Nian.  Trust me, even though you can't understand what he is saying you know he's telling you off! lol and yes it's pretty funny.

We are ready for spring in the Buss house, I know that's a HUGE shock to most of you as I am a winter girl.  But going back to the beginning of this post - cabin fever has set in. 

I think someone is learning to walk on his feet today as he's tripped over them at least 5 times since he got up from his nap. Nothing hurt but his feelings so it's ok. 


Thanks for stopping by and sharing our journey.  Right now we are waiting for the ENT Doctor to call us with an appointment.  We're hoping this happens soon so we can get Nian in for Pallet surgery.  We continue to ask God to give up patience and comfort as we learn from each other and grow as a family.  We pray he will minister to your needs as well. 

Blessings,

Joe, Becky, Isabel, and Nian







No comments:

Post a Comment