Well it's been a little over a week since we've been home. We still miss China. There was just something so special and magical about being there. Not just because that's where we met our child and became a family, but it's just something we can't explain. If you've been there you get it.
Our first few + nights we were still on China time. And by we I mean Nian and myself. When he's upset or wakes in the middle of the night he wants me. As a new mom I have my moments but I wouldn't change losing sleep for anything. We have one precious boy here!
Our cocooning is going good. We are bonding well, I believe. Little things each day show us we're getting there. He's learning that we are OK and won't leave him. WE will take care of him.. WE will give him what he needs. While he wants me for comfort he will throw kisses to Joe when he goes. And he likes to talk on the phone, which is really him listening to others and throwing in an occasional HI. lol it's so damn cute!
While are are not allowing visitors just yet, we have run into a few people while out and about a few times. You can see it in his face, it's not a full blown "shut down" but he's zoned out. That tells us that he's not ready yet. He likes to wave at the neighbors from the window, not sure they see it or not, but isn't interested in being face to face with anyone else yet. We are just as excited for him to meet everyone as you all are to meet him. PLEASE keep being wonderfully patient. WE need to follow HIS lead, not our own.
One trick Nian likes to play is What can I put in Mom's coffee cup!? 1st up was my cell phone. While it is a tad old, it's a razor, I LOVE the phone which is why I haven't upgraded. Apparently Nian thought it was time I got with it and got a new phone. 2nd up was the remote aha mom got him on that one because I actually finished that cup before he could put the remote in. I know I too am amazed that I was able to drink a full cup of coffee. I can't say if it was hot or not, but the cup was empty. And we're not talking a reg cup, I got the super sized ones when we were in China. From starbucks of course, I know most of you didn't have to question that one! :-)
Today we opened the toy box and the look on his face was priceless. I was able to get some much needed thank you cards written and address today while he played with the many Little People items we pulled out of the toy box. I will try to post some photos soon.
Little guy just woke with another terror so I have to go.
Blessings to you and have a peaceful sleep friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment