1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Happy Birthday Little Boy!

Today our little guy turns 2.  Technically as I write this his day is almost over. 

Yesterday was a very emotional time for me.  I was working on his room and thinking about what time it was where he is (13 hours ahead of us) and what he was doing.  How would they mark this big day for him? Would it be just another regular Tuesday?  Would they celebrate with cake and gifts? Did they get our package with the Birthday Boy bib?  So I prayed that the family he's with would help mark this day with celebration. Our last update said the family truly cared for him and treated him like their own.  Knowing that I can at least find peace that he is well care for on this 2nd birthday of his and that it WILL be different for him than so many others who are not in foster care.

We continue to work on getting his room fully ready for him.  It's going much smoother than I thought it would.  I am finding new homes for the items I was storing in there.  It's amazing how much crap stuff you can accumulate over the years. I look at a lot of the items and think what Grand Plans I had for them, so many crafty ideas.  And yet there they sit taking up room.  If I haven't gotten to them in the last 20 years I don't think I will now.  Especially with a very active 2 year old coming home!

I know these next few weeks are going to fly.  Before we know it we'll be getting our TA (Travel Approval), we'll be booking our flights and heading off to meet our little guy, our 1st child, our son. We can't tell you how excited we are to be at this stage of our process.  We are still in the waiting stages and are currently waiting for our I800 approval.

We are also taking time to enjoy the next few weeks of "our lasts".  Our last Thanksgiving as a couple is in just a few day.  We are thankful for the gifts our Lord has given us, and the gift  of our little guy.  We will also take the time to thank Him for the gift of these years of just the two of us. We will be thankful for these last few weeks of "lasts".

We thank you for sharing this journey with us, your thoughts and prayers for us and our little guy. We pray that God showers his blessing upon you and your family this Thanksgiving.

Have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

Joe, Becky, Isabel, and little brother :-)

1 comment:

  1. I bet he was spoiled like crazy on his birthday. :) Our XuBin was sure spoiled when he lived with his foster family... they loved him so much. Hopefully some day you can figure out who exactly the family is that is caring for him now so you can keep in touch. We've been blessed in that regard.

    ReplyDelete