1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Best laid plans

During the whole process we know we have NOT been on our timing but God's. Being a big planner for most of my lift be it parties, family functions, work or life in general it's hard not to partially plan.

We we started our adoption journey we based our "plan" on friends who were just bringing their little boy home.  Who can blame me though,  We were a few weeks ahead of them, time line wise, from when they started their process.  So we figured we'd be on the same time line through the whole process.  They got their little boy in March so we probably will to. We figured little brother would be 2 when we brought him home, or close to it.  That proved to be true.

Once we had our little boy's profile we start planning some more.  So he'd be 2 when we would bring him home that means he should be in 2T size cloths right!?  First time mom here so I have no clue, most times you figure it out based on what size they just grew out of.  That is a luxury we adoptive parents don't have!  As fall approached all the summer items went on clearance, you know what that means.  The planner in me said OH it will be nice in March so let's pick up stuff now, if it doesn't fit I'm only out $1 for each item.  (and lets face it WHO wouldn't pick up cloths at that price!?)

Swim trunks, shorts, Tshirts, flip flops, even sun glasses were purchased all in plans for our travel. I did have to purchase a few Pj sets that were long sleeved just because they were so darn cute and talked about "Daddy".  Can't blame a girl for spoiling her guys!  On our annual trip to Frankenmuth I picked up a few more items like sweat type pants, a hooded sweatshirt and a too cute puffy vest. 

For some reason I decided I just had to wash all of these new cloths.  We still had 5 months before travel right so what's the hurry.  I just wanted to continue the process of moving my stuff our of little guys room and getting his stuff set up.  With the holidays fast approaching I was actually not procrastinating about it an wanted to get it done so I didn't have to worry about it later. (Oh looking back how funny it is...) 

This also gave me a nice idea of what we had so I could figure out what else would need to be purchased for our travels. A few more cooler weather items and I wish I could get shoes but who knows what size to get.  Then we'd be all set right!?

Oh but God had other plans for us!  And trust me I am NOT complaining at all!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment