1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Little things, Busy days

Sorry I have been slacking in my blogging of late.  Life here has been busy to say the least.  Where to begin. Joe's office is in the middle of moving to new space.  I am busy getting ready for the Children's Christmas Program this weekend.  We just had my extended family Christmas party, and we are in charge of the Christmas baskets for church. Oh yeah and I haven't made a single cookie yet this month!  It's just been crazy busy is all I can say.

We are still working on getting little guys room together.  It has become a collection site for Christmas items.  We still plan to paint his room before he comes home.  We're not sure how we will decorate it.  I think we'll wait a bit and see what he likes.  A fresh coat of paint will be good for the room to start with. 

We did get a new mattress for his bed, and we'll have to get a few more sheets.  I find it odd that they sell bottom sheets for toddler beds but no top sheet.  What's up with that?  I guess we just pile the blankets on.  I can see not having one for a crib, but a toddler bed?  It's a mystery to this 1st time mom.  I think we've found the car seat we'll be getting, we just need to go get it.

I'm slowing starting to pick up meds for our trip.  We'll have our Dr get us a few  things we can't get over the counter. And I have stated brushing my teeth with water from a water bottle.  Might as well get use to it before we go over there.  Last thing either of us needs is to get sick. 

We're still trying to figure out what we're going to pack.  We'll be going from an average temp upon arrival of 36 to 64 our last week in China.  Pack in layers is what everyone says. I think we'll be going the 3 outfit route with washing in our rooms. I just need comfy cloths for the plane ride and I'll be good. 

We decided not to put our big tree up this year.  Not knowing how quickly we'll be heading to our little guy I didn't want the extra pressure of trying to put all our decorations away at lightening speed. We do have a little fiber optic one going and it's great.  I like being back to simple things.  We did put a 4th stocking up this year.Even though he won't be here to see it hanging with ours it's very fitting to be up there.   I can't wait to see it filled next year. 

We do find time to slow down and enjoy this Christmas.  It's another one of our "lasts" before little guy gets here.  We are taking it all in and truly remembering the reason we celebrate CHRISTmas!

We hope you find time this CHRISTmas season to slow down and enjoy..

Blessings to you!

1 comment: