I am SO happy to say that we are past the "almost" stage for sending 11 of our 13 Dossier documents to the Chinese Consulate in Chicago. I SENT THEM TODAY!!! Woo Hoo.
I am hoping they will get to our courier on Monday. If all goes as planned then we should have them back by the 27th. I must say I was a little nervous about how to put it all together at the Post Office based on the couriers instructions. I still don't think the return portion of my papers are correct, at least not they way she has requested it to be. However, I imagine I'm not the first person to mess it up. There is something very nerve racking when you hand someone your precious documents and they just stick them in the mailing envelope.
I have to say I didn't like that feeling, not one bit! He certainly didn't handle them with the care and delicate touch I would have. It's hard handing something so important over to someone who isn't vested in all the hard work and emotions these pieces of "paper" hold. I imagine that is just the tip of the iceberg of how I will feel when someone tries to hold our child during our cocooning period. YIKES! (Again, I'll talk more about cocooning in a later post.) I feel like I've missed something because I wasn't the one handling my documents and putting them into the envelope. Lesson learned as our next set of documents we send will be done my this girls hands only!
Our agency CCAI just celebrated their 11,000th adoption. How exciting for those who were a part of the 11,000. So many wonderful pictures posted on our group page. Love seeing all those smiling faces and knowing they will be loved forever. We know we'll be a part of the 12,000 group and God willing the 13,000 too. That's a lot of children going to good homes people. Let's take a moment to thank God for those blessings!
We have been so blessed to have some great friends go through this process years, months, and even currently with us. We want to thank YOU for your continued support and prayers and hope you feel a part of our journey as well. I will say the road hasn't always been as rosy and high as it is right now but we are getting there. We know God has lead us to this path and he's with us every step of the way. We hope and pray that you feel his peace and presence in your life as well.
Thanks for reading and God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment