Ya gotta love that word - Almost. Almost by definition means - not quite; very nearly. nearly, (just) about, more or less, practically, virtually, all but, as good as, close to, near, not quite, roughly, not far from, for all intents and purposes..
Well you get the pictures. Seems like I'm saying "almost" every time I'm asked about our adoption. That's due to the many steps that are required when adopting, and especially international adoption. So here is where we are on our "almost".
Our awesome neighbor Sara come over Friday night and notarized my dossier physical form!!! Which means...... We have 3 more documents to get before we can send our dossier to CCAI for review, and translation..
We are going to get our back ground check on letterhead from our local police department, this week. That will be notarized right there at the station. Then I can take that form, my employment verification, and both of our physical forms to the Secretary of State to be certified. Once that is done we can send all of our documents to Chicago to get authenticated at the Chinese consulate. We are so ready for this step our of Dossier process.
I'm looking forward to getting a few outfits after the 4th of July in hopes that we can use them on Gotcha day or Document day. Yes, as most of you know I meant to say "after", as I am a bargain shopper. And since we are not matched with our child yet, I'll have to get multiple sizes for both a boy and girl. Ahhh how fun will that shopping trip be!!! Of course before we go we'll FOR SURE have to get a puppy outfit from big sister Isabel. Those are her favorite.
,kgtfvb = That's Isabel saying Ni Hao everyone! She just came up on the couch by me. Must have known I was talking about her!
I am thankful that I have some project to keep me busy during our next stage of our journey. As we near the long waiting period they should keep me busy. And we need to start some of our fund raisers as well.
Thank YOU for visiting our Blog. We hope you enjoy the posts, I know their not always exciting. Trust me, your wait will be worth it when I post from China! Thank you for joining us on this journey.
We continue to pray for our child and those who are caring for him/her until we can be united. Thank you for your support and prayers. We are so blessed to have you all here with us.
God Bless you this week and we pray God brings you what you need and continues to bless us all!
No comments:
Post a Comment