1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Monday, July 30, 2018

Treasure hunts, Birthday parties and other fun stuff.

One day after I got the boys from daycare Nian showed me a treasure map he made during the day.  I told him how fun that looked and that mom would work on a real treasure hunt for him. So of course that night I headed out into the yard to make some clues and X's to mark the spots, cuz ya know you can't have the same treasure as your little brother.  They both had a great time searching for their treasures..  Nian was more into it than Cheng, and of course Isabel being the big sister that she is had to mess with his X...Can't blame her though, it was a stick after all.





For some reason I decided to do a big baking breakfast.  I made 3 kinds of pancakes, a dozen muffins, and a batch of waffles.  It was fun though.  I like to do big batches once in a while and then we'll freeze them for breakfast during the week. It makes for an easy, good breakfast for Joe to give the boys.  Sometimes we have breakfast for dinner too, even green eggs and Ham.. 😜




Occasionally I'll play music in the morning, or after work when I'm baking. Usually this happens more around Christmas. But ya know it is July... πŸ˜‡  We found out last week that Nian got into the new Field School at Northview, which is at East Oakview Elementary.  We were actually surprised since they did do a lottery and he had a 1 in 6 chance of getting selected. Finally we know where he'll be..  Can't wait to hear from his teacher and go to the open house at the end of Aug.



This past weekend we celebrated someone's upcoming 4th birthday! He had such a Great time. and I actually had my stuff together for a chance. lol.  the games were pretty cool, and Joe made an awesome sign. My sisters are so awesome... They are always there for us, and step in to help without ever being asked.  love them girls!!!  Everyone seemed to have a good time, but the should have eaten more cake! πŸ˜†He will turn 4 on wed Aug 1st. Hard to believe he'll be 4 already AND he'll have been home 1.5 years.  Seems so long ago that we were in China, but it was just last year.. wow. we were looking back at the pictures and video of Gotcha day and I was telling Cheng how he backed away from us and didn't want to come to me.  He gave me a big hug and said "I'm here now mom".  Oh this boy and his big heart! 😭  Next on the video came his crying, which lasted about a full hour folks. when he woke up the next morning he told me that he wouldn't cry when we go back to that room in China. lol I told him he just might depending on how his sister reacts. 😏

Hey


BEST sisters ever!!!



His uncle Tom Tom took this pictures, I'm surprised he's giving him "the" look..


Ready for more games..


Today we headed to our long awaited eye Dr. appointment. It didn't take as long as they expected which was good, cuz it was nap time so the tude we'd get was up in the air.  Cheng did really good though, and we'll be getting him some glasses, which he seemed pretty excited about.  Not sure how he'll feel when he'll have to wear them all the time, but he likes to wear mine a lot so who knows.  He's even cuter in them if that's even possible.



Time to get off of here and head to bed....  Our Financial Peace baby step 2 is moving along. When last minute/unexpected things pop up in our live, (like glasses) I feel very calm about it since we now have a detailed budget and an emergency fund.  WE control our money now, not the other way around. Or as Dave says, we TELL our money what to do not the other way around.  Life is good for us.  Our goal is to have our MCC back in with our agency Dec or Jan, and then get started on the home study mid April. πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‡ We are SUPER excited about that...
T square

LOVE this pic.  I think Nian took it of cousin Evan..  I like to send
this to the boys every once in a while to remind them how much I miss China. 
Evan always says how awesome the coffee is.. it's Freakin awesome seriously.....


Thanks for stopping by and catching up with us.  We appreciate your continued support, prayers and love.   Have a great week, and many Blessings to you this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment