For Joe's birthday last month we were able to go out and enjoy a nice dinner at Logan's. We hadn't been there in years, and it was nice to relax and not feel rushed at a meal for a change. I especially enjoyed eating "hot" food. Joe had a good birthday. The next day I took the boys and headed out to my parents for most of the day. On Father's day we spent the day with Joe's family at his brothers place on Big Star lake. We all had a great time. The boys LOVED being in the water. Cheng my little daredevil jumped off the raft and dock he was having so much fun. He said he would even jump off Uncle Tom Tom's boat next time we go to his lake. This boy love the water. Nian got a little out of his comfort zone as well by doing 1 jump and putting his face in the water. He still doesn't like to get his face wet, but he's making progress with swimming. We tried to get them to float on their backs, but it's still all new to them we'll keep working on it. Sadly we didn't get any pictures of the boys from that day. Not sure what we were thinking.
Nian attended Vacation Bible School this summer for the first time and had a Blast... He also got to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa Buss that week so that was an extra bonus. He loves to learn and is super excited to start Kindergarten. He still has 3 weeks of Day Camp and can't wait for that either. We got a letter from Northview, I was hoping it would tell us which school he's assigned to but it was for a new Outdoor school they are starting for K/1st and 2nd/3rd graders. The school is pretty much those two grades doing learning outdoors in all kinds or weather. Joe went to the info meeting they had to learn more, and we put Nian names in the lottery for that, so we'll see. Only 22 kids to each class so we're not expecting to get in. They'd like to get a good split on grades and boy/girls so he has a 1 in 5 chance. They are going to get that filled first, then place the kids at their schools. We are anxious to find out where he'll be. A friend just told us they got their call too and their 1st grader will be going to Northview as well. We hope they kids make it to the same school. That would be fun.
We try to keep the kids busy, active, and learning this summer. I'm not where I'd like to be with the learning part but the busy and active are doing just fine. We are heading to the Lake this week for a day of fun, then we'll have our monthly weekend date. I get a little extra Mom time as we'll also be doing a sister night at the lake. Of course the boys will go to bed early and sleep in while I'm gone. Cuz that's just what they do.
We had a few graduation open houses this month. It's great to be able to catch up with old friends, and help celebrate their children's graduations. Such big plans the kids have and they've also accomplished a lot. So exciting to hear their plans and the futures they want to create for themselves.
I was hoping to get another membership to Dutch Village this summer, but we haven't been able to fit it into our budget. Maybe we can at least head over there for a fun day before the kids go back to school. They both love going there. Maybe next year.. There are just so many other things to see and do. We did go to Binder Park Zoo a few weeks ago. It was our first time there, and I wasn't too impressed. The animals were fun, and the boys liked feeding the Giraffe but the people and employees were a bit rude. We got a ton of misquote bits too. Had I know how much forest we'd be going through I would have brought my bug spray in with us.
I was cleaning out the pantry the other day and these fell out. I seriously started to cry because the bag opened which means I HAD to throw them out. Other than the cloths on his back, our little Nian came to us clutching this bag of biscuits. Joe said to save the bag to find more. This bag survived a long bus ride to us, 2 weeks in China, a long ass freaking plane ride home, and the last 3.5 years in my pantry. Brings back so many memories and tears. 😭
| Awww there they are... |
Yesterday started super early for me, 445am. I started the blog post and headed to work. Glad to finally have a slower day at work. It's fiscal year end so that's not fun, and it's a first one for me with the new job duties I'm on acting assignment to. We headed out to my parents later in the night for snacks and fire works. Lots of bugs out and the Buss family retreated to the house to stop getting eaten alive. We could still see the fireworks so that was cool. Today has just been a relaxing day or nothing. We got a few things done around the house. Cheng is currently sleeping, and even though it's only 5 I'm hoping he'll stay asleep through the night. It seriously could happen, usually does..
Tomorrow 3 of us 4 sisters head to the lake with all the kids... 7 in total, heaven help us. lol. The boys, all 5 of the are looking forward to it, I'm sure the 2 girls are as well. One girl who's not enjoying this week is our Isabel. Fireworks are not her friends. Hoping this year is calmer than past year.
Wishing you a Safe and Happy 4th of July.
![]() |
| Last game of the year |
![]() |
| Mom and Dad's empty birds nest |
![]() |
| HOW they grow.. when did this boy get so big and brave? |
![]() |
| And he's out. Mimi brought Rootbeer Floats to the boys lives and they LOVE them. Cheng doesn't usually ear ice cream either. |














No comments:
Post a Comment