1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Horses and School

Woo hoo 10 days later and the blog is getting updated.   Surprisingly I have a few minutes to myself.  The boys are playing with fresh battery remote trucks, Joe is getting ready, and I have been up for 4 hours and to 2 stores already with 50 min to myself before church. And I shouldn't have even typed that... so much for a quiet and calm Sunday morning.  I am often reminded of a new favorite saying from Rachael Cruz. I need to remember this when I feeling not so calm!



As crazy as it was,  Shellee and I took all the boys for a lake day.  Vickie of course was there, and so were the girls.  So we had all the "younger" Rule family kids out there.  Though they aren't "Rules" by name they are all the kids from my side of the family that are under 18! Tom Tom got out of work early that day too so that was helpful.  Though we didn't have any adult drinks with us this trip, and we sure could have used them a few times, all was good and the kids had fun.  We anchored at a new spot the lake that was shallow enough for the kids to all stand.  They had a good time, especially with the adult size goggles, and of course my child lost them. 😯

4 adults and 7 kids under the age of 7. Oy vey


I'm flow pin


The following weekend we headed back to the lake, minus 5 of the 7 kiddos, and wow the boys were stepping out of their safety zones.   Cheng was jumping like a mad man off the boat and uncle Brian and Dad even got him out of his life jacket to learn to swim.  Nian, bless him, took a big step and was chilling without his floaty and having fun.  He didn't even fuss when he got his face wet a few times. They have both come so far, it's hard to believe it's only been a little over a year since we brought Cheng home, and that Nian has been home for 4.


BIG SPLASH courtesy of Cheng

Ugh YES he's sleeping


Yesterday I got the spend the morning with Nian, just the two of us.  We started our day heading up to Rockford to the Kent County Mounted unit's barn.  It was so cool to see the big riding arena and awesome looking barn.  The horses were super cool too.  Nian shares my love of horses.  He had a such a great time.   He was able to ride one for a little bit, and even got to lead him around the arena and out to the pasture.  I believe his name was Sam.  I should have taken more pictures but we were just having so much fun. 




After that fun we headed to the store for some school supplies and cloths. As soon as we got home he had to pack his supplies in his backpack and fill his new cup up.  The boys is ready to go to school.  We are ready to find out which elementary he'll be at  which we hope to hear about this coming week. He is just so super excited. Cheng starts preschool at some point, not sure what the date is yet. He is super excited as well.


The boys are enjoying the little pool we got, it's a nice way to get cool. Good investment there.  They are not, however, liking the fact that soon we'll be headed to bed earlier. I am still working on 20 mins or less in their rooms at night.  Most nights it's less, some nights (weekends mostly) we're lax on the whole bedtime.  Need to work on that one for sure.


We're been preparing for Cheng's 4th birthday as well. Where is the time going? This boy of ours, such a special gem he is, we are so blessed to be his parents.  He's learned and grown so much in the 17 months he's been home. Such personality, so smart, sassy, and downright naughty at times...  He's for sure out child. 😜 Thank you Lord!!!

We are looking forward to a slower month.  Hope to help celebrates Joe's parents 60th Wedding anniversary, and get together with friends before they move.  Luckily it's only across the state so we'll be able to visit. And of course I have to say it's right by BRONNERS https://www.bronners.com/so there's that too.... 🎄

We are doing really good with our baby steps. Hoping to have 1 more card gone in a few months.  I think the hardest part of it is when things come up that I should have known about but forgot.  Like school supplies. Ugh it's all good just have to tweek the budget, not a big deal, just puts us back a little on our time line goal. Just little things like that.. I am just so looking forward to being debt free so we can start the process to bring little sister home.... We are ALL patiently waiting. I know we'll get there, in God's time not ours.
Lady bugs are s special Good Luck sign in the adoption word!!!


On that note.....  Time to head outside so some little boys can enjoy the water. ugh I just want a nap.. the boys have been getting up early the last week.  Even over the weekend. 😕

Enjoy the day and have a Great weekend!!!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment