1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Lake day and other fun things.....

Woo hoo this latest post isn't a full month behind the last one.

So I kind of suck when it comes to "last days of school" as I see everyone else has first/last day of school pictures going on.  I guess I never think to take pics of the last day. I get the first day, but not the last..  Well this year I guess I did get the last day but only because they had a program that day.
So here's my best shot!


Yeah that's pretty much smarty pants (Cheng) face for I'm so cute I can do what I want..

The last blog post left off with us heading to the lake, and today was lake day 2 of the summer.  It was pretty much last the last one, but colder and no rain.  Of  course I forgot to pack pants and coats for us.  The boys still got in the water this time, and we got to take a boat ride since it wasn't raining.  Joe and Brenda each got a few fish, which the boys had fun seeing.

May lake day

Minus a sister the 1st weekend out.  Nian did a good job taking the pic!
June lake day - Water was warm if you stayed in long enough..



When you just roast marshmallows to burn them in the fire you
get bubble to play with instead.


We are still waiting to hear which elementary Nian will be attending in the fall, but we're just happy he'll be at Northview. And he's super excited.  This week starts 1 or 4 weeks this summer where he'll have Summer Camp 2 days a week.The boys are missing school that's for sure.

Nian is really liking T-ball this year.  He has 2 more games.  I can't believe I wont' be seeing him play his last one.  It's the annual trip to Shipshy and I didn't have his schedule when the date was picked. I'm glad he's having fun.  Cheng's ready to play but he has a few more years.




We got a nice size pool for the summer.  They boys have a great time in there and it's big enough for us adults to cool off in too.

We have fun making waffles on the weekend. I made a batch from scratch and ending up with a ton of them. They freeze good though and the boys like them so it's a bonus. Especially on mornings that they are up early and I'm running late, which is just about every day.


The eggs we saw a few weeks ago at my parents hatched.  4 baby robins. Can't wait to get out there again and see how they've grown.  Too cute.

We came home the other day and boy both boys were tired..  Nian crashed on the couch.  Reminded me of the pic I took of him when we first got home. He's so cute when he's sleeping.
2018


2015 - still my fav pic of this boy



 Our days and weeks continue to keep us busy.  The boys continue to grow, learn, question, and push their limits to see how far they can get.  Like now someone thinks it's a good item to talk to me while I have my headphones on.  These boys... wowzers.. 

Leaving work the other day as I was sitting at the light I saw a Asian woman walking with her 2 kids.  I was overwhelmed with emotion knowing our daughter will look like that someday. I just really wanted to go home and get our process started. We all can not wait to get back to China and bring little sister home. But we wait..  for now.... 😩

We are doing good with our baby steps and feel so good about the progress we're making. Knowing we'll have financial peace next year is wondering. I'm ready to get started on little sisters paperwork and I am so happy that once we do we'll be debt free and be able to raise the funds needed for the fees quicker that last time.  Though our wait will be longer we're praying we'll be able to at least start after the new year.  Praying....

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful week.  Blessings to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment