1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Have Van will Travel!

Sorry for the delay.  I have been trying to post for the last 5 days and just now have 2 seconds to myself. woo hoo..

Last week our daycare was on vacation so I have both boys home with me.  Let me tell you that was a trip.  I LOVE my boys but God bless those of you who watch children, or stay at home for a living. Having both boys home at once and trying to find way to keep them busy was a difficult task at times.

Cheng is ONLY 2...  Cheng is ONLY 2....  These are the words I continually tell myself.  Having just Nian for so long, and the fact that Cheng is so close to him in size I often forget he is only  2 years old, not 4 like Nian...  I have a few times heard myself say "you should know better"..  Then scolded myself because really he doesn't..  He's only 2!   Our days are so much better when I remember he' s ONLY 2.

Finally someone who will wear these bibs!

LOVES him some noodles

Can't forget a pic of our girl!

Wednesday we got up early, well early for us anyway, and headed to my work. Happy Birthday Ranae!!  We visited a bit and then headed over to the Children's Museum.  That was a bit disappointing as they had a new Dinosaur section there.  I thought there's be more dinosaurs and dinosaur stuff..   Nian had a good time and I learned my lesson to never take 2 boys to this museum by myself.  Of course they wanted to go in different directions. I thought on it's the middle of the week, they will just be opening, no one will be there.  Ah yeah 2 school classes were there.  I hope my children don't grow up to be as rude as some of those kids were. Gessh you do NOT need to push a 4 year old out of your want to unearth the bones in front of him when  you just did 5 yourself..   After leaving there we got the van and headed over to Aunt Paula's work cuz ya know, Firetrucks! Surprisingly it was Cheng and not Nian who wanted to go inside the truck.

OH wait.....   Ugh lets not put anything else on our head!  What was I thinking???


Driving Miss Becky

Had to see but he is pulling up a HUGE bubble.

This is where Cheng wanted to hang out at the museum...  The slide!


Friday we decided to hit the Zoo.  We had gone last year just Joe, Nian and myself.  This event was a good 1 parent 2 kid day.  Cheng was in his stroller most of the time and didn't fuss when he had to get back in after playing a bit on the wooden train.  It was a nice cool day for walking around.  Nian really wanted to see the Lions but they were all inside sleeping.  A lot of the animals were doing that in fact.  I expected more of them to be active since it was a cool day, but who knows.  We headed up to see the Tiger who was actually walking around this time.  And I think China could learn a bit about how they set the cages up.  No chance of people "pounding" on the windows here!  And this tiger has no interested in Nian.  We headed down to check out the bears and I noticed the lion's were out.  First time I'd seem them so close to the windows.  It was pretty cool.  The bears, well the 1 that was out but also by the window but he/she was sleeping.  At least last year they were both our moving around.  We can't wait to go back this summer to see the Seahorses, and we hope they eventually replace the sting ray.


SEAHORSES!!!!!


Poor thing..

LIONS

TIGER

BEARS

OH MY

I had no idea this info was right here by the Bears.  Good to know!

Awwww  for a change the Otters were actually out and running/swimming about!

Saturday the boys "helped" Joe with a new fence section in the back yard.  We all headed to the store to get the supplies.  Not the most exciting family outing, but at least we were all together.  I also had some adult conversation while shopping, and we each had a boy so bonus for Mom!  Later in the day headed to my parents to mow and Cheng had a blast on the mower.  Nian was good about taking turns, but Cheng was not...  Both boys were out by time we made it home.


Batman is supervising the work, while Robin makes the hole in the screen bigger!

Mr. Fox visited us from preschool this weekend and of course we went to the bakery!


Sunday was a very special day for Cheng, as we had him baptized. It was a wonderful service and we were able to visit with friends and family a little afterwards.  Then we spend a quiet day at home.


Pastor, Myself, Cheng, Godmother Aunt Brennie, Joe, Nian
Godfather/Uncle Brian was with us in spirit since he was still in the hospital.



Yesterday was a busy day for Cheng and I.  We headed to the Social Security office to "change" Cheng's name on his card. Got there early and waiting in the line outside and still had about 20 people in front of me. I so enjoyed the lady who waited on me.  She was so pleasant... Almost felt like I was back in China.  I mean really what gives you the right to comment on my child when you have no idea the circumstances.......  40 minutes later we were on our way to the credit union to open an account.  This time she didn't ask me if he would play at the play table. ;-)   Poor guy fell asleep on the way there so I had to wake him up.  About this time we got a call that the Dentist had an opening at 2 did we want it?  HECK YES!!!   So we headed over there, again he fell asleep.  Wasn't sure I would be able to keep him awake this time.  He did great, has all his teeth (which we figured) and NO cavities.. WOO HOO.  He does have some enamel issue but nothing that will carry on into his adult teeth.   I wasn't able to get any pictures because I had him on my lap "just in case", but he did really good.  Nian starts T ball next week so life is going to get a bit busier around the Buss house.  We'll all be adjusting to new schedules and routines. We practiced a bit the yesterday and he was loving it.




This we starts my last week home.  Bitter sweet this week will be..  I so enjoy being with Cheng and our bonding has gone so good.  While we did cocoon this time around, it wasn't as long and intense as with Nian.  So many differences in my boys. We often get Nian early from daycare so we can all be together.  Joe is crazy busy at work, with more being added on...   I'm not sure he's really prepared for what Monday morning will bring with getting both boys ready to go.  I feel for him because I know it's not to easy that's for sure.  Cheng still clings to me more than Joe and isn't very happy if I leave without him.  But this is just another turning point in our lives and something that he'll quickly get past, I've no doubt.  I think his transition to daycare will go much quicker than Nian's.

We hope you enjoy the rest of your week, and thank you for stopping by.  We appreciate the continued love, support, and prayers.

Please add my brother in law Brian to your prayers.  He's finishing up his 2nd week in the hospital and hopes to be home this weekend.  He went in on Easter with one thing, and is currently working on getting over pneumonia he picked up while there.  We sure appreciate it!

Blessings to you!  Becky and family



1 comment:

  1. WONDERFUL READ!
    Your second paragraph says lots! You know he's a "little guy" and it sounds like the bonding process is what it should be.
    Keep up the great job with your family!
    Lois

    ReplyDelete