WOW sorry it's taken so long to update. Seriously I told you all this boy was busy... by the time I put them down for the night I am exhausted and heading to bed myself... and
when if he naps I have so much other stuff to get done by time I make it to the computer he's awake. and then there's Facebook that just sucks you in if you so much as glance at it..... ugh.. oh well..
The day after my last post Cheng got all excited to go with Daddy and Guh Guh (Nian) in the morning, I don't even think he knew where they were going. I kept him home but told Laurie and Kelly at daycare that if he did that again the next day I was going to see how far he would get... No huge surprise that the next day he got up, got dress, and headed out the door to daycare with Nian. Joe dropped them off around 9am, Kelly sent me a text a little later saying he was doing going - no screaming as I had warned them all he might do. And a few hours late Kelly texted that Cheng was ready to come home. Not too bad for his first trip, minus mom, over there.. I told Kelly not to be surprised is he didn't want his coat or boots off. He got half way there...
That weekend we had our first trip to Church as a family of 5 minus Isabel, cuz ya know she's not a working dog and just can't go... Sad but true.... 🐶 We made it through most of the service before heading to the nursery where all the toys are located..
Last week was pretty much a big blurr, as is most weeks since we've been home.
BUSY people, I say the boy is
busy......
Wednesday night we dropped the boys with Grandma while Joe and I went to test drive some vans. Cheng didn't do too bad. Screamed his normal "my mom has walked out of eye sight" scream for a bit then settled down. Was hoping for a smoother "daycare" style transition but no such luck. He was pretty good though, and it was a great start to being without Mom for a few hours.
Friday he did much better when Aunt Shellee came over to watch the boys so I could go complete the sale for the new van. She said he fussed a little then settled down. I think being at home helped out. Good Lord when did it become so complicated to get a dang check from the credit union.. Right Ranae!!!!! I was already pre approved so shouldn't have take alllll dayyyyyy longgggg... Of course by time it was ready my sister was back at work and I brought the boys with me.. BA HAHAHAHA 😏 and to answer the trainee's question: NO my child will not play on the play table, he's going to stick to me like glue and drive you nuts!!!! 😆 Small win for me after waiting so freaking long... th
Saturday we headed over to my sisters church's egg hunt, which was a ton of fun. She's been asking for a few years now and we finally went. And then we had a neighborhood hunt in the afternoon. They boys had a great time, and it's always nice to sit around with the neighbor's on a nice warm day!
Sunday of course was Easter. He is Risen indeed!!!! We all slept in and went to late service, which I was happy to see was full of little kids! We headed over to my parents for dinner, and yet another egg hunt. A very busy and event packed weekend for the boys.
This week Nian will be hanging with us as daycare has the week off. e are having fun following their time and adventures in FL. Enjoy it ladies you deserve it!!! Someone get Kelly a drink! We'll be heading back to my work for another visit, and then off to the Children's Museum to see the Dinosaur exhibit, if I can find those passes... I think it's going to be a long week here.....
Thanks for stopping by.. I'll try better at keeping this updated as we go.
Please say a prayer for my friend Katie. She and her husband are currently in China bringing their daughter Sarah home. Sarah was Cheng's best friend at the orphanage. As I read Katie's updates all I can do is shake my head and think how we should have been in the same group because our kids are two peas in a pod!!! Hang in there friend!!!
Thank YOU for your continued support, prayers, and love of our family. We appreciate them all! Here are some pics from our last few weeks!
 |
| Welcome to Spring Break Michigan style! |
 |
| Off to day care |
 |
| I honestly didn't think he'd make it this far! |
 |
| BRAND NEW steal of the week at the thrift store!!! |
 |
| And a few days later we're in the sandbox.. yeah it's MI weather for ya |
 |
| Happy Wednesday.. |
 |
| Buddies |
 |
| Who had one of these growing up??? |
 |
| "Oh wait I'm not really on my dad's lap" |
 |
| Good Bye o'l girl.. We were together for 18 great years!! |
 |
| Hello new and fun vehicle to drive.. Ugh don't call me a Minivan Mom either! |
 |
| This was something Nian actually got, but you know little brothers.... |
 |
| LOL it's a ring toss game! |
 |
| Happy Easter! pardon our mess.. |
 |
| Nian actually took this picture. Damn the boy is good! |
 |
Not sure where he thinks he's going but at least he's strapped in.
Safety first!!! |
 |
| And this is how Cheng does bubbles!! |
You have to get a bit creative when you move plants around and the dog likes to dig up your freshly turned dirt!
 |
| Add caption |
No comments:
Post a Comment