1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Back to life, back to reality...

I always liked that song, and it just popped into my head as I tried to think of a start to this newest post..

This week I headed back to work, and Cheng headed to daycare.  Big change for both of us since we came home.  I was eager to get back to work.  don't get me wrong I miss my boys and the time I got to spend with them but a stay at home Mom is not the right job for this girl. Knowing my coworkers were excited about my return was a huge part of it too.  So many things to catch up on ...

I was able to get out of the house on Monday before the boys woke up. that made the transition so much better.  Cheng was really excited to see me when I picked him up.  Kelly said he'd been copying them all day with words. LOVE IT!!!  He'll be talking in no time! Today I wasn't so lucky.  Both boys were up before I was even dressed and the melt down started already immediately,  Poor guys.  At least it doesn't last too long either here or at day care.  We all feel he will adjust better/quicker to the new routine than Nian did.

Nian was supposed to start his first T ball practice on Monday but it got cancelled due to all the rain we received.  We are looking forward to practice tomorrow, the weather should be fine!

Cheng's vocabulary is starting to increase more.  He now says Apple juice, and bottle.  Some of his favorite words are shews (shoes), potty, trash, NO, guh guh(big brother), Imbel(Isabel), ow, Baba and of course Mommy/Mom.  The later he likes to scream on occasion if I'm not quick enough to reply!..  I do catch him singing and that is still in Chinese.  I should record it so I have it for memories and to figure out what he's singing.

I was just putting together pictures for one of the girls at work and it hit me how much I miss China and can't wait to get back there. I didn't think I'd feel this way this soon.  This last trip was so different from the first, and I felt more overwhelmed and ready to be home than before too.  There is just something about China that pulls to me. The whole trip is magical, with a few wtf moments, but for the most part I love it.  My children are there, and they have always been good to us. While I'm not looking forward to a whole new set of paperwork again, I still feel the pull.  God's way of telling me I have more children to bring home. I hear ya Lord..  I just need a little breather from busy boy!

We are so blessed to have 2 wonderful, healthy, active, and loving boys. We really are.  There are some families who bring their children home to find out they have more medical issues than they originally anticipated.  This is ALWAYS a risk with adoption.  There could be hidden issues that you won't know/see until you meet your child or even bring them home.  They actually have a form we sign stating that we are aware of possible hidden issues.

We are hoping to slow things down a bit on the weekends now that I'm back to work. We have our lake dates set for the summer, along with a few graduation open houses and family events.  Maybe we can take the kids camping or do more day trips.  Who knows what the summer will bring us.

We hope you have a wonder week and that the Lord blesses you and ministers to your needs.

Love,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment