So seriously was just reading the time line from CCAI and here is how the month of January
They will drop our docs to the US Consulate (in China) on Monday. It will take them 2 weeks to review our case information and then they'll issue an Article 5 (US Central Authority's Approval for Hague Adoption).
Article 5 is picked up from the US Consulate and express mailed to the CCCWA. (ART 5 Pick Up)
CCCWA will issue Travel Approval (TA) in 1.5 to 3 weeks.
** we are hoping for the 1.5 week or less for TA, they have been running as quickly as 2 days from Article 5 pickup. This will get us the Feb 8 travel date that we are praying for.......
Yesterday I headed over to the Post Officer to send some packages out including one to lil brother. WOW that place was packed, looked like a December Saturday! I put my two smaller packages up to get sent and informed him I had one going to China. I will have to go back on Monday to mail that one cuz after being in line for 25 mins I was told they were closed. ummmmmm okay?? No biggie cuz i had to fill some paperwork out anyway so it's all good. I'm must be mellowing the older I get... Or it was the really sweet Chinese gentleman next to me with his own package going to China. That was pretty cool to see his package all written in Chinese.
We had a quiet New Year's weekend. Just got some things done around the house. Like the boys room rearranged. Nian wanted lil brothers bed by his. As you see we are using it as a staging area for our China trip. I see lots of packing and re packing in our future. We are been making lists and slowing purchasing all the various items we'll need to take with us so we will use for sure and other are "just in case" items.
| Yep.. it's pretty much a hot mess. Basically what we'll be all month! |
The weather got really warm last weekend so Nian was able to ride his bike for a little bit while I sadly took down our lights at the lamp post. As much as I would have loved to keep them up it was a good day to take them down. Joe was sick so Nian and I headed over to see Adam, Bev, and Eleana. We had a great visit and can't wait to see them again at the Chinese New Year celebration down by their place.
| Nian's Christmas present from Eleana. |
| Cute hat, wish it fit him better. Our little prince.. |
Caleb finishes his Travel Companion paperwork tomorrow so we can get the last of all the boys documents together and out to CCAI. Glad I'm already going to the post office for that one. Wish I knew were my express mail stamp went to, along with my other stamps. This is what happens when I start "cleaning" up a room.... ugh.... Found it.. Now where are my regular stamps????
Thanks for stopping by and your continued support, love and much needed prayers.
Hope you have a Blessed week!!
| Enjoying cousin Jennell's birthday party. I think this was his first trip to a Chinese restaurant. I mean we've had the food but I don't think we're gone to a sit down place yet. |
| Look who turned 8 already!!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment