Over the last few weeks I have been more active on my various adoption groups I belong to via Facebook. And as such with Life there is both Good and Bad on those pages. Joy and sorrow. I am so glad we have these additional areas of support and help, because this journey is not an easy one. Even the 2nd time around.
I know personally there are days - I get so busy I almost forget I'm paper pregnant - I can't stand the wait - I wonder when we'll have time to get everything we need - and honestly there are days I just
These are just a few of the fears I have for my children.
What really breaks my heart is the stories of other adoptive families who have little to no support.. That's right.... LITTLE TO NO SUPPORT... Can you imagine a family member telling you that you have enough kids you don't need more? That they won't love this child as they do your biological? That if you adopt 1 more time they'll be so mad at you? I can't even fathom hearing those words.
We as parents have enough stress when we start this process. As most of you know there is a ton of paperwork, paper chasing, documents to make official, money to save/earn/raise, and worry . What we need is support, love and prayers; not anger, criticism, or hostility.
This is why we are SO THANKFUL for YOU!!!! We are truly blessed to have the support we do from all of you. This is why it breaks my heart so much to read/hear these negative stories from others who travel this journey we are on for a 2nd time.
We hope the next time you say a prayer for us and our family that you'll also say a prayer for all of those who adopting. For whatever reason they made this choice they need all the support we can give them! The power of prayer works!!!!
Thanks for stopping by, listening to my heart/fears/tears/joys. We can't THANK YOU enough for YOUR support...
Mark 10:14New International Version (NIV)
14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
No comments:
Post a Comment