1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Christmas Rush and more

I am a total Christmas a holic.  Most of you who know me well know this to be true.  I freely admit it.  It's my favorite holiday and I usually start listening to Christmas music around July each year.  Not "all" the time but I will start around that time of year.   I hate to admit it but this year I was feeling anything but the Christmas spirit. Oh I still listened to the music, I did the parties, did our yearly holiday baskets at Thanksgiving and Christmas.  But I was just tired this year.  and sadly a few times I was really just tired of people..  tired of what was expected, what I "needed" to do and what "had" to be done.  One thing I do know...  Adoption is not easy, especially during the holidays......

and Visa's are NOT my friend..... This busy Mom did not for a minute "think" about preparing for Visa applications early.  Cuz you know I wasn't busy enough, and it was just too easy to have it done while both nephews were together. That would be too easy.... and this holiday season I just didn't have enough to do so wtf bring it..Lots of FFS (for F sake) coming out of my mouth these last few weeks. I'm tired.. just really tired...  but enough of my pitty party that's not what you came here for....... 


A few weeks ago we went to the Cirque Du Soleil OVO show here in town.  That was really cool if you get the chance to see it GO!!!  It was very kid friendly, but it did have a few adult jokes – nothing too crude.  Nian really liked it and was well behaved during the 2.5 hours show.  After we took a walk down to Rosa Park Circle to see the big tree.  A lot of people were skating which Nian really liked.  We’ll have to try that someday.  Then we headed over for some ice cream/frozen yogurt. Yes I know it was a chilly day but that’s ok.  It’s never too cold for ice cream!

We got our T-shirts on the 20th and they turned out SO GOOD..  So grateful to have them by Christmas and we just love how they look.  J




We are known by some as the "late family" for reason..(yeah sorry if your in our next travel group)  Of course we didn't think to go see Santa until 3 days before Christmas.  So there we are standing in line, for 1.5 hours.  Nian informs us that he's going to be a big boy and sit on Santa's lap and he won't cry.  This after who knows how many little ones he heard crying, but really that'll happen when you put your little little ones in his arms. anyway..   We finally get up there and this happens..    but at least he told him what he'd like to get. 
Not so sure he wants to go up now...

If you lean any further to the left you'll falloff the chair!

Sitting on a Dinosaur egg..  at least that's what we called it



I had Friday and Monday off for the holiday.  Nian had his first play date on Friday when neighbor Theo came over.  Both boys were very excited and they had a great time.  They played really good together and didn’t argue at all.  We can’t wait for another play date soon.  It gave me the much needed time to start baking cookies, extra bonus!

Special reindeer for our friend Frank! 😊



Saturday we headed down to Joe’s brothers place to celebrate with the Buss family.  Nian was really good in the car all the way down, he even fell asleep- big surprise there.  We managed for the first time in 8 years to be next to Pat and family on the highway. Nian was really good about waiting to open presents, and he was so excited once we started.  He did great with his manors too, thanking everyone as he opened their gifts.  He even helped open some for little brother. J  He was even more excited when the bingo gifts were put out, he actually thought they were all for him.  I think I’d be excited too.  Lol but he got a lot of his own Bingo’s as we started play, and a few non bingos but he was having fun so who cares! We put his new PJ’s on before heading home, thinking this boy would be out before we hit the main road.  Oh no not tonight.  He was awake for almost the whole ride home. And talking………  

The whole way……………………….
Elf Mel brought Nian a gift on her last day with us before going back with Santa to the North Pole.
Crafty little elf, we should have had her deal with our Visa's!
 
Grandpa reading thee book on Dec 24th
We of course pulled the late night wrapping session once I made some coffee. Wow hope we can skip that forever. I need to make sure we make more time to wrap as we go. That was nuts…. Seriously we, all of us as parents, why do we do that crazy stuff??? That Elf and Isabel had the house to themselves most of the day you'd think if she could make her own dang seating she could wrap a few gifts!!!

Christmas morning Nian actually slept in a bit.  Still being new to the whole Christmas morning and presents came into our room to get me up.  We went to “find” his stocking in his room while Baba finished waking up.  So much fun to hear and see his excitement at what Santa left him in his stocking.  He really liked the orange he got, and I told him Santa use to leave me an orange in my stocking too when I was little.  He was super patient and stayed in his room until Joe was up and I had got the coffee/breakfast started.  I’m not sure what he was thinking when he came out and saw the gift he asked Santa for under the tree.  He loved all of his gifts from the toys to the cloths to the books.  We spend out day just relaxing and playing and watching some movies.  It was a good Christmas for all of us.

Isabel getting her stocking stuffers

The next morning Nian asked why Santa hadn’t left presents under the tree.  I explained just like his birthday, we celebrate Jesus birthday once a year as well. (though we rejoice in his birth all year long) Santa chose that most holy night to bring presents to children to help us remember the wonderful present God sent us in his son.  Monday warmed up pretty good and we all took a walk up to the school so Nian could play and burn off some energy.  And believe this boy has PLENTY of it to burn….   As Shellee says: 1 is 2 and 2 is 4, enjoy having 2 before it becomes 4 in another month.  Some days I can totally see that thinking!

We got Nian and Evan’s Visa’s back this week WOO HOO and both boys have 10 year visa’s.  We hope to send Caleb’s over as it gets closer to Feb.  We’re not sure if he’ll get a 30 day or 3 month Visa so we want to make sure we get it closer to travel.  He works for a Bible camp, so being that has a religious affiliation he most likely will have a more limited Visa that his brother. But he’ll have a Visa and that’s what counts!  Glad we have 2 of the 3 done….


We are looking forward to another long weekend and while we will celebrate the end of one year and the start of a new(along with all the joys it will bring us) we are really looking forward to getting some things done around the house before little brother comes home.  I need to get our puzzle updated, as I am FAR behind on that task.  There are still plenty of pieces for you to purchase! J
We just sent the last of our agency fee’s in and will need to send the orphanage care fee mid January.  We currently have our Provisional I800 Approval; we’re waiting for our GUZ# so we can process the DS60 form for little brothers Visa and then things will really start to move.  We still anticipate and pray for Feb travel.  Please pray for that for us as well.

Sorry for the long (beep) post but it’s been a while.  Thanks for stopping by and your continued prayer, support, and love.  We sure do need it these last few weeks until China!

Nian left his blocks out so she made herself a chair, ottoman, and side table. 

Next morning she moved the chair and had some fun with the remote Monster car,

Poor hot wheels probably never saw it coming!



No comments:

Post a Comment