We got an update on little brother last week. Back when we got our LOA we were able to send our agency 5 questions to ask about little brother. Some find these questions hard to narrow down, but given that we've been through this process already, and that we sponsor little brother finding just 5 things to ask was easy for us. Most of the basic information we already have, or will get once we're in China. CCAI families always get an updated file on their kids the day before Gotcha. This allows everyone to purchase any last minute items they need the day before, diapers, formula, snacks, stuff that's best to wait until your in China to get. We like to get the extra info.. How does he sleep at night? How do you comfort him, how does he show his anger/hurt/annoyance? Just a few things we asked, and we got answers to most of them too. Bonus!!!
Not surprising to us is that little brother is close to Nian in size. He has actually grown since our match date about an inch, and he actually weighs more than Nian. 😲 WOW.... of course he's still in diapers, and probably has 3 layers of cloths on him. I think Nian dropped 2 lbs once we got him out of his puffy jacket and split pants. This info, if accurate, gives us a pretty good idea of what size cloths to bring along for him. Looking back at Nian's info they are about 10 lbs different. We'll have to take a guess on the shoe size, and against my better judgement, I do think I'll bring a pair over with us.
Today I started going through Nian's outgrown cloths for little. I can't wait to see what Nian wants to pack for the trip. I do have a few things that match for the two of them. Not sure what we'll take with us though.
This week we are waiting for our Article 5 pickup. That should happen on the 24th, and then we'll be waiting for our TA - Travel Approval. With Chinese New Year coming up on the 28th our agency doesn't think we'll have TA until the week of Feb 6th. We are expected to travel Feb 22nd so that's the date we're shooting for. 😍 So ready to go get our little boy. I think I've found at least 2 people that will be in our next travel group. Which is awesome. One I have been in contact with for a few weeks now. So exciting to be at this stage of the process again. Looks like there's a few changes from our last time. I've been keeping an eye on a few families that are in their last week/just got home and it's amazing to see everything again. So many memories coming back... And so much to do.
Some people missed out on our T-short fundraiser so..... We are selling more T-shirts. We had to go with a new group to do the shirts because our last guy wasn't able to but the design is pretty much the same the front is a little different but that's all. You can send in your Order Here
Four weeks to go people!!!!!!!!! Soooooooo ready.. Not really, but yay we are..
We celebrated our 2nd GOTCHA day this week. It's hard to believe it's been 2 year since we became a family. Seems like this little boy has been with us forever. I also sent in our 2 year post adoption report, the first we've done on our own. 2 more to go for Nian! So here's a flash back to those beginning days. And some of my favorite pics of my little guy!
Have a wonderful week! Blessings to you all.
| 1 of 2 poses for most pictures... |
| My FAVORITE picture of my boys. I always try to get a picture like this when they are out and about. |
| My favorite Nian picture. He's so stinking cute.. |
| My little Dragon likes to clap. |
| clap clap stir clap clap stir |
| just woke up crazy hair. |
| This would be the 2nd pose....... |
| He STILL plays with my hair, especially when he's tired. |
No comments:
Post a Comment