First--
Are these not the cutest things ever!!!!!
LOVE our daycare ladies. You all
rock! Such cleaver ideas and crafts to
do with the kids. I want one for little
brother…. Don’t forget to do this next
year Kelly!!!
Wow
is all I can say. How did we get this
far so fast? We received our LOA on Dec
6th. We quickly signed, scanned and sent back the “soft” copy to our
agency. This is our official Letter of
Acceptance/Approval, basically stating China has match this wonderful boy to us
officially and we “accept” him as he is in all his glory to become our
child. So yeah Shit just got real cuz we
will now be traveling in 9-12 weeks.
Which puts us right in February which is when I want to be in China getting
son #2.
We
have spent the last few days getting papers printed, signed and notarized. We also learned that the Chinese Consulate in
Chicago has new requirements on the photo for their Visa’s. Oh and the courier will be off the first week
of January as well. Can what we’ve been
scrambling around doing this week? You
betcha! We’ll be hustling to get Visa
applications done, and out the door so we can get them back before the end of
Dec. Oh and my nephew also has an extra waiver to fill out, so we’re hoping to
get all our docs out the door to the courier next Tuesday! Please say a prayer that it all goes smoothly
for this part of our process. I should get some stock in Fed Ex! I should have his waiver tomorrow, actually it's 142am so later today. We hope to get it sent out tomorrow to the courier so she can drop it at the consulate on Tuesday! Then we should have the Visa's back by Christmas! WOOT WOOT..
A
few memories from our first trip popped up this last week. Nian told me he wanted some orange
jelly. Meaning he wanted the orange
flavored Jello I had in the fridge. On
the last night in 1 of our hotels in China we all discovered, thanks to Emily,
that Jelly in a jar was actually Jello.
Which the kids all loved.. Funny
that he still calls it Jelly. While
looking at the maps of places around the new hotel in Beijing I remembered
dinner with Matthew and Bethany after a long day of sightseeing and a
show. I was just a large tad bit
tired. When the lady brought out our food I told her to take it back we didn’t
order it… And you know me when I get tired..
Well I ate my words that night, it was actually Matthew and Bethany’s
dish that she brought out, and the dish they had been eating was ours.
Lol. Seriously I should have taken a
pictures cuz the dishes looked about the same and NOTHING like what the picture
showed them as. She got a big tip that
night, even though we’re not supposed to tip!
Again,
it’s so crazy busy for the Buss house.
We are trying to stay sane and focus more on the upcoming birth of our
Lord and Savior, than the upcoming addition to our family. We are blessed to have them BOTH to focus on
this year. I have to admit it has been
hard for me to enjoy this time of year with all the paperwork we’re trying to
get completed, and other commitments we have.
I think I need a time out!
Nian had a great time decorating the tree this year. Last year he put the angel on and then that was it. This year he was going faster than I could untangle some of the ornaments.
| Yeah that's about as high as the ornaments got on the tree but that's ok. |
| The start to Nian's ornament collection. A Dragon, a Dino, his Name and a Chinese Merry Christmas |
This
past weekend Nian had 2 Christmas programs in 1 day. Let me tell you he was none too happy about
having to leave the house for the 2nd one! But he did such a great job in them
both. He was the cutest little Shepard
ever at our Church program, and the most handsome young man in his Preschool
program later in the day.
Saturday
we started a new tradition of gathering for Christmas as a family, NOT on
Christmas day. This year, bitter sweet
as it will be, we will celebrate Christmas day as a family of 4. Joe, myself, Nian, and Isabel. Time to start some new traditions at the Buss
house. We’re not sure what those
traditions might be but we’re looking forward to them. Kind of, yes we are, for
the most part. See the bitter sweet of
it all?? First time in 45 years I won’t be with my sisters and parents on
Christmas day. It will be a wonderful
day all the same! J
I
love seeing the excitement Nian has this year for both his Birthday and
Christmas. He is even enjoying Elf Mel
his little elf on the shelf! She likes
to move around the living room and he’s having such a great time looking for
her each morning. Who remembers last
year’s visit?
| Where she was when we woke up that day. |
| Where she landed after Nian relocated her from his chair. |
She didn’t have a good year at our house! So far she has been in a few stockings and even the big
tree. She hasn’t ventured into his room
yet but that’s ok. She might not want to press her luck just yet! ;) She has brought his toys out to play with
which Nian finds to be VERY funny and exciting.
His excitement is so contagious!
This holiday season has just been too busy for us… I’m ready for a slowdown. Thanks for stopping by and I will try to keep
the blog updated more as the days toward China draw closer. Thank you for your continued thoughts,
prayers, and support.
These updates are wonderful ... I miss so much since my retirement!!
ReplyDeleteMERRY CHRISTMAS
Love these updates.
ReplyDeleteMERRY CHRISTMAS