1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Friday, August 14, 2015

2 weeks post op

We have been occupied around here lately which has kept me from updating the blog. But YEAH I got the font color right this post!   Everything is going great from Nian's surgery.  We had our post op appointment last week and everything looks great the Dr. said.  His cheeks were already healed and half his stitches were gone already.  NO HOLES THANK GOD!!!!  That has been one of my biggest concerns with his surgery.  I have to admit we are breaking a rule by letting him use his plastic spoon.  But we are always right there to watch and he's not shoving it way into his mouth. He only lost 6oz which isn't too bad, and a lot less then what I thought.  He also had to go in for more shots this week, which we both hate.  Only 1 more set to go in Oct and we're done for a good year.  I'm thankful we live in a country where we have access to the immunizations that every child should have!  

I'm sitting here in the early morning hours enjoying a hot cup of coffee while my family is fast asleep. Now if there was a nice cool breeze blowing and I didn't have to be to work in 40 mins it'd be a Perfect morning..  

We have just under 1 more week of our liquid diet then we can move onto pureed foods. Yeah..  Actually the nurse said we don't have to use a blender on the food, just mash it all up.  I have a 10lb bag of potatoes just waiting for us...  along with salmon and chicken, and fruit and veggies.  Oh  you have no idea how much the 3 of us can't wait.  Joe and I have been able to eat non liquid lunches while at work so that's been nice. I know Nian can't wait for some reg food either.

We're hoping to get him into speech therapy this fall. And if we're luck his Aunt will be the bus driver taking him to and from the school.  He's going to spend Saturday with her so Joe and I can have some time and I can get busy with my craft projects along with getting garage sale items ready. We'll see how that turns out for us.  

One of the many firsts I was looking forward to introducing Nian to was the Lowell Fair.  We decided not to do that this year since we're on a restricted diet, I mean really how can you go to a fair and not get fair food?  And also, because we don't have the time right now.  Next year we will for sure be heading there so he can experience the animals, the rides, the food, and the whole experience.  We are looking forward to some fall firsts that will quickly be upon us.  I hope he'll be able to pass out candy at trunk or treat without having to eat it all. lol.

Well it's starting to get light outside, and I have to get ready for work. I wanted to give a quick update on how everything is going.  Nian seems to slowly be getting back to his normal sleep routine, which I am very Thankful for!  We have been slacking in the TV department, which means we watch WAY too much of it.  We are starting to get away from that bad habit as well. 

Thanks for stopping by and we hope you have a Blessed weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are going well! I have a friend who still comments on the time her family came to our house and we ordered pizza. Isaac was able to have pureed foods, so we put the pizza in the blender. He loved it, but it did have a weird look and color to it! lol
    Have a great weekend! Liz Brooks

    ReplyDelete