1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

2 more days........

It's another quite morning here at the Buss house.  Again I wish it was fall and I could have the windows open.  All is quiet, which means I'm on my 2nd cup of HOT coffee! Yeah me. 

Nian has been talking up a storm lately.  He repeats just about every word we say.  And YES I have been keeping a clean mouth lately. Shocking for some of you I know but it does happen!  Most of his words are clear and spot on, but he of course still has issues with certain letters.  But we understand him in that parent only way.  haha... my turn to have the child only I can understand.....  :-)     Being the youngest in my family I spent many a year trying to figure out what my sisters and cousins kids were saying. 

We finally hit our edge on Sunday trying to figure out what to have for dinner. I told Joe I'm so tired of eating soup I don't think I'll ever eat it again once we are off our liquid restriction.  He agreed and said he and Nian wouldn't either.  The last 2 days Nian hasn't been interested in eating any soup.  Can't blame him at all.  Sunday he opened the pantry door, and told me, in his own way, he would be eating the salsa for dinner and NOTHING else....  What's a mom to do?  You got it, open the salsa jar, strain the big chunks and (a little cheating here) mix it with mashed up baked potato (it was the same consistency as soup).  Yes I did win the Mother of the Year award with that dish!!!   After 2.5 weeks of soup you bet I'm up for something different!  He kept asking for moooore.  These last 2 days can not go quick enough.  We are ready to move on to mashed foods...  Oh the choices we will have then!

The weekend was another busy one and as always much too short. My sister took Nian for part of the day on Saturday so we could have a mini date and also get some stuff done around the house.  The time just flew by and before we knew it the day was gone.  Sunday we went to Papa and MayMay's house for a visit and then into Rockford for some ice cream.  One of the perks to having a liquid diet is Ice Cream being on the list.  We didn't make it to the 4H fair in Lowell this year as I would have liked, but what's a fair without fair food.  They'll be plenty of fairs next year to enjoy.

 We are looking forward to Fall and all the fun events that take place.  So many new things for him to experience and enjoy. We are truly blessed that God would entrust us with this little boy and we thank God everyday for him.  Don't get me wrong, he's just like every other little boy (and girl) out there and has his naughty moments. We loves those moments too, well maybe not all of them, but they are such a part of him adjusting to life, us, our surroundings, and just living.  What a wonderful road we are on..

Speaking of the little guy...  He's waking up now and I have to get ready for work. 

Wishing you a Blessed day and a wonderful week.  





No comments:

Post a Comment