1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Monday, May 26, 2014

BMI and a long trip

BMI - Body Mass Index

Some of you already know that one of the requirements to adopt from China is that you need to meet their minimum BMI. Yes as fun as it is to be constantly worried about weight we are even more vigilant about it now.  Especially before our Physicals. I  have been trying really hard over the last few months to eat right, exercise and keep my bmi moving in a downward slop. I constantly remind myself that I want to be in better shape for the trip to china, I don't want to be the "fat" mom of the trip, but MOST importantly I want to be healthy and fit for an active toddler!

As I draw closer to the date of my physical my BMI is even more on my mind.  So of course that means I take a work trip right before my physical. Living out of a hotel for almost a week is no easy task when you have to watch your weight.  Oh and don't we all LOVE to watch it!

This was a difficult trip as Joe and I have only been apart from each other 1 night at a time since getting married. It was so difficult to leave him at the airport.  I imagine and hope that's how our child's birth mother felt as she walked away. I knew I was coming back and we would be together again.  She knows she will most likely never see this child with her own eyes ever again.  I know our child will also suffer much sadness when they leave the only "home" they have ever known to become part of our family and truly come home.  We will be with them to help comfort them in their time of grief, for they will surely be grieving the loss of what is familiar to them.

While I learned a lot on this trip I was ready to come home early and couldn't wait to be back with Joe and Isabel.  As we taxied down the runway I got a little teared up knowing the next time I get on a plane will be to bring our child home.  What an wonderful feeling that gave me.  We are so close but still have a way to go.

One of the first things I did when  I got home was get on the scale.  How sad is that!?  I'm happy to say that I didn't gain any weigh while on this trip. Woo hoo!  Seriously they had some wicked good food there and I didn't get the best of sleep.  I was a little worried! I guess all that walking did the trick.  I went on a "hike" after the conference was over, there were about 20-30 of us on the hike.  A few didn't make it far, and I almost gave up a few times myself but I keep pushing along.  Let me say a "hike" in Utah is more like a CLIMB! Here's a view from the top.

This week we will focus on getting out background checks put on letter head, and getting my physical out of the way.  I am hoping to get both of those documents certified at the Secretary of State office on Saturday.  Then we can send all of our certified documents to the Chinese Embassy in Chicago to get authenticated! WOOT WOOT.   Our home study will also need to go there as well along with a copy to Immigration with our I-800 form.  Once those two are completed and authenticated we send those to CCAI along with some family/couple pictures and our Dossier will be triple checked before heading over to China!

Again, so close  yet so we still have a way to go.

THANK YOU all for your continued support and prayers.  We need them all now and more so in  the future as we make our way to becoming a family.

God Bless you and your family!









No comments:

Post a Comment