and Thanks for stopping by my page. I want to say that what I write here are my own personal thoughts, feelings and views. They are not meant to offend, criticize, or hurt anyone.
Someone suggested I start a blog about our adoption journey. Hind sight got me again! I should have done this when we actually started our journey. I sort of did but on paper via my journal.
I am a very private person when it comes to my personal issues. Here I have opened up and shared some of what we've been through to get where we are today. If this helps you with anything you may be currently going through then I'm happy to help. If you find yourself shaking your head in agreement from having been down any part of our journey then Bless you because you really know what I mean!
China adoption has changed a lot over the last 5 years. It is no longer "girls only", there are plenty of boys being adopted as well. The Waiting Child Program has an adoption rate of 51% boys and 49% girls.
Waiting Child Program - is a wonderful adoption program. Go to www.ccaifamily.org for more information on the Waiting Child program and China adoptions. They are a WONDERFUL agency to work with. We can't say enough about them, they are always cheerful and eager to answer any questions you have. God bless them!
We have requested a child from 6-24 months, non gender specific. I think we will have a boy, while others think we'll have a girl. Only God knows for sure! We also hope to be blessed with 2 children, just not at the same time. We'll have a lot to update over the next 5 years.
We chose the name Slow Buss to China as this process is a slow one, a lot of paperwork, copies, sealing, praying, and waiting. The average time from when you submit your application to the time you actually travel to China can be 12-18 months. As a friend said:
Being pregnant for 9 months is a piece of cake compared to adoption. Adoption isn't for the weak!
No comments:
Post a Comment