1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Our journey begins!

September 27, 2013

Our journey truly started on this day!  We will forever be thankful to Janelle for sharing her families adoption journey with us.  I remember feeling the excitement of wanting to get right home to check out this agency she was talking about.  Let's be honest finance is a big part of the adoption process and I prayed that this agency would be in different from the others. Our prayers were answered as we pulled up the website and read about the agency, the kids, the people who had adopted, and financials. How Blessed we felt to have found CCAI.  I knew we were going to China because that's were our children would be!

This is when the light bulb went off!  I told Joe THIS is why your allergies gave you such a hard time in the spring.  THIS is why we never followed up on the other agency.  THIS is why we never felt a "rush" to move things along.  Again - God works in mysterious ways and everything happens for a reason.  THIS was one of the few times we understood the reason for the why!  I couldn't imagine him trying to go there with the snog without having started his treatments.

We got busy requesting the information packet and going over the medical check list.  Let me tell you there were medical conditions on that list that I never wanted to know about. I was thankful that I wouldn't have to experience any births like that. And I prayed for the mothers who had. Scary stuff!  We had our list done the end of December and worked on the application.

We filled out our application and set it off to CCAI while we patiently (me not so much) awaited our approval.  A few days after sending it in we had an informational meeting via a conference call.  It was so great to know that the co-founder of the agency took the time to lead the meeting.  After that conference call we knew without a doubt God lead us to the right agency for us and that we would finally be starting a family.

They said it would take 5 business days to get an approval.  By day 7 I was beginning to worry, poor Sarah was off a few days so she wasn't able to email us.  I can't begin to tell you the joy we felt upon getting our approval. We couldn't wait to get started. It was exciting, scary, overwhelming, and tearful all at once, but we know God will guide us every step of the way.

There's something awesome yet scary about being able to choose your child.  I guess we really don't choose though, God knows our child and will show them out to us when the time is right! What a blessing that will be!

And here we are today. We had our first 2 of 4 meetings with our home study agency, and our home visit.  We will have our last 2 visits done by early April then our home study will be written up for review.

We are also working on our "paper chase" for the Dossier.  We have half of our documents ready and waiting to go to the Chinese consulate for Authentication.  Everything is moving right along for us.

I have started a journal and thanks to Nicole I have also started documenting and taking pictures of our steps through the process for an adoption album.  Yes there are still tears but today they are tears of joy and not sorrow.  We are so fortunate and blessed to be taking this journey.

We continue to pray each day for God's blessing on our process, for those who are currently in China bringing their children home, for those who like us are still in the process, and of course for our child wherever they may be and the women who so bravely brought them into this world for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment