1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Sunday, January 1, 2023

A blast from 2021 that i forgot to post

 Wow you guys it's been forever since I've updated this blog..  I almost forgot about it.   Geesh where do I start!?  Since the last post:

I celebrated my 50th bday by using my Mariott points and going to a hotel by Ikea.  My sister Shellee and the boys went with me.  It was wierd being at a hotel since the shut down but there weren't a lot of people there and the boys loved having the pool to themselves for over an hour.  It was a bit of a drive and let me say Ikea is not as good as the hype people make about it. I especially loved the fact that if you saw an item you couldn't just get it right there.  And I REALLY loved the fact that you had to buy or bring your own bags. I have plenty of reusable bags, but didn't bring any in with me.  One of the main things I went down there to get was out of stock. Now I know how Uncle Pete felt when we'd go to McDonalds on the drive to/from Florida.  No wonder he said no more. 



Memorial day weekend we camped at my parents house.  In the tent. One night it was freakin cold so we moved inside their house.  The boys had fun even in the house cuz we moved the air mattress too. lol. 



Shortly after the boys got out of school we headed North to Mackinaw City.  THANK YOU Sherry for always offering us a place to stay.  We LOVE LOVE LOVE the little house.  The view is awesome and it was so cozy.  I had hope to make another trip up this fall but with Joe's work schedule that wasn't going to happen.  Maybe next year. 






Heading over the Mighty Mac to the U.P.

Taquamanan State Park



Sneaky Pete always likes to Photo bomb Nian and I lol

Annual stop at Oden State Fish Hatchery Visitor Center
 to feed the fish. 

Having fun and searching for Petoskey Stones.

Heading to the Island via a trip under the bridge. 

Arch Rock - Cheng was afraid to get off the 
carriage ride for fear she'd leave without us. 

Another view of the bridge. lol this was the
 night before we headed home

We had our 1st sister night at the lake and stayed up way too late playing a card game.. 


lonely little cloud handing out lol

CHEERS 




Catching some air.  Nian jumping for the
first time.  This kid.. might take him a
bit but wow once he does something he's all in!

Swimming knocks Cheng out...
Maybe we should get a pool. 😆

Joe celebrated his 50th with very little fanfare.  Typical Joe style just another day, but the boys love to celebrate birthdays so he was a good sport about it all. Even put a hat on!  He was promoted to Assist. Manager at his job which also moved him over to Alpine.  I can't remember exactly when that happened but it was a good upward move for him and brought him closer to the house.  He eventually moved to the Plainfield store which is even better because he's got better days off and is right by school so he can work late if needed and still get the boys in time after school. 






No comments:

Post a Comment