On mother's day we headed to the Museum to see the dinosaurs. Of course we had to get this pic! 😉 The dinos were pretty cool. I hope to see these guys in China someday.
Nian has started coach pitch baseball. He had his first game last Tuesday and hit the ball both times on the first pitch! So proud of him and how far out of his shell he's come. Lots of busy work for him this summer. He's having a great time, and learning as he goes along. Love how much he's grown in this last year of school. He has 2 more weeks then his busy summer of learning starts!
![]() |
| If the boy ain't on the fence he's in the bag. Welcome to the world according to Cheng! haha |
Cheng had his preschool graduation a few weeks ago. Right now we're waiting to see if he'll get into DK at the same school as Nian or if we'll keep him enroll in the young 5's at the church preschool. Such a tough decision for us. We love the preschool and all he learns while there, but that 4 day a week drive during lunch will be brutal. He loves to learn so we can't see any negative in DK. He might get tired but he'll be learning all day, and I won't have to make that drive. We're still praying and know the Lord will lead us where he needs to go.
Last weekend this happened. He rode around for a bit with Joe hanging on then hasn't been on it since. lol. well they can't go back on so he's either gonna nail it or walk.
Cheng got a new bike, well a "new" to him but nicely used bike. He's so excited. Told me he didn't his brothers training wheels. He seems to think since he can balance on it with the kick stand he's good. Oh this fearless boy is making me grey! He sure likes that kick stand though.
This weekend we celebrated my dad's 79th birthday with breakfast on the grill, since the wood was wet no fire this year. I later had a pedi appointment since Sunday was the first Lake Day of the summer!!! And I get this text from Joe saying he had a video to send me but it was too big. I'm thinking oh lord wtf happened now. I tell him about the videos in the bag we got at the library, he says you'll like this one more. Ok when I c it when I get home. Then he says " you will be proud of Nian" and I instantly know I missed something pretty big and awesome!! My first born rode his bike without his training wheels... 😂 Then he tells me when I get home that he's jumping in the lake tomorrow. 😵 who's kid are you!? lol wish I had a picture, but Joe just took video and it's too big to load.
On to Lake day, a day we've patiently been waiting for.... A bad day at the lake is better than a good day at home! The boys were so excited, heck we all were. Joe stayed home to get some stuff done. the day started off a little cold, but soon warmed up. I, being a good mom, jumped in the freezing cold lake so the boys could as well. You didn't have to ask fearless little brother Cheng twice that boys jumped right in after me. Luckily it was only to my waist so not too deep for either boy. Nian was having second thoughts about this whole "jumping" into the lake thing. He did really great though I held his hand and his semi jumped/had help in. but for him that is still HUGE. This boy of mine is surprising me everyday! While he didn't full out jump into the lake, he did learn how to use the kayak and can't wait to get back out there again.
Today Cheng went with Papa to Ava's house to play. Nian went with me on our semi annual Memorial day rounds. He got a white pine sapling from school so he wanted to plant it at Uncle Jay and Aunt Paula's. After that we headed to our 1st cemetery stop. Damn I miss my friend, I so wish he knew our boys. He'd have loved them. I told Nian how funny he was, and how we met when we were his age. Gone way too soon.... and that really sucks. We planted a few flowers there and next door where his dad is resting. At least their together again. Headed to my parents to plant some mini iris's for mom. Then on to stop #2 Nian's great great Aunt and Uncle. He would have loved his great great aunt. She always told me I'd have 3 kids, and she could tell you what sex your baby was just by touching your belly. THIS is where Cheng's middle name came from. These two wonderful people who raised his papa.. Our last stop on this trip was at his great grandpa and grandma Garfields. Unfortunately you can't plant anything at this cemetery.. so plastic flowers were what we left. We discussed the different types of headstones and what the dates on them meant. It's amazing to see and hear the questions that come to him while were are at each cemetery.
With everything moving along so fast we'll get busy on grants, fundraisers, and anything else we can think of to raise some money for the agency fee's coming up. Our garage sale was really good. We made almost enough to cover our last home study fee. Small one but still big in our budget. Every little bit helps.
Thanks for following our journey. It's been a fun ride so far. We appreciate all the prayers, love, and support. Wishing you a blessed week!
Becky



















No comments:
Post a Comment