1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Friday, April 26, 2019

what's new with you???

Wow it's been a while.  Hope you all had a wonderful and Blessed Easter!✞


We have been busy here at the Buss house.  The boys are loving this warmer weather and we've been out just about every night since it stopped snowing. lol 😉 Oh where to start!?

Joe's Aunt Virginia passed away a few weeks ago.😢 We were able to take the boys and see her, of course that prompted a difficult emotional discussion about life.  Nian had a lot of questions. We will miss her, but are so glad she's no longer in pain.

We got to meet our newest Grand Niece Blake.  So fun to finally meet her.  And we also got to see new Grand Nephew Theodore too.  They are both so much fun, and big enough for Aunt Becky to hold.  Most of you know little little ones are not my fav to hold. That's why the Good Lord gave me Toddlers! 😆😉💕  It's so good to see all our nieces and nephews.  We miss you all and don't see you enough!

Our little Miss Isabel turned 8 this year. WOW seems like just yesterday we brought her home. I was just looking at all the pictures of her and our 13 foster dogs.  So many of them I wish I had kept but that wasn't in our plans. They were all such good dogs. 🐶1 of them is just down the road from my cousin so it's nice to get updates on her.


I was able to get in to my Dr. once I talked to his nurse, she's so awesome, got me in to see him for my adoption physical.  It was nice to have a few minutes to go over some of the questionable special needs on our medical check list. Let me tell you what a race that day was. But I am so proud that I dropped 15 lbs and met my goal weight prior to my end dates. woot woot...  😊 And we're just going to keep going with the healthy eating and exercise. Joe and I are feeling so much better.  It's amazing how good it is to fit back into some cloths.  I was chasing the boys around the playground the other night and had to stop cuz my pants kept falling down. 😮  Nian of course tells me say no to crack mom. lol....  I wonder where he get's his smart a remarks from!? 🙋



Nian's school carnival was a lot of fun.  A ton of work but still fun.  Can't wait to help again next year. He continues to do great in Field School and just love learning outside. We're so glad it's finally starting to warm up so we can all get outside.  We took a nigh walk over at Huff park and enjoyed the newly redone boardwalk. And we saw a lot of wildlife. which is a miracle itself cuz Cheng could not be quiet to save his life on that bike ride. 🚴🚲😜
Double bonus!  I got pics of just the 2 of them in the
bounce house AND of them in the air.



Made an appointment to get the last few documents certified at the SOS office and then send them off to the courier. That was way better than the 2 hours I spent in line a few Saturdays before.  We got the draft of our home study, made some updates, and then it was sent to CCAI who had their own updates.  Seems my formulas were off a little and our financial statement had to be redone.  Ugh it was off $1..  And of course it was in IL at the courier waiting to go to the consulate. Thank God I was able to stop that from happening.  That would totally suck to pay $25 to get a document authenticated and not be able to use it.  Oh wait....  I did that already with 3 of them for Cheng's paperwork. but lets not go there..


Now we are just patiently awaiting the final home study copies so we can get them to CCAI and start looking at files.  Of course we have a ways to go to complete it all. I've started working on our I-800A application thought so once it's done we'll be ready to send that off. PICTURES...  Pictures for some reason, no matter what it's for (our dossier, the boys reports) I always forget about them then have to scramble to get some ready. Ugh so crazy.  but we've actually started collecting those as well.

We spent Easter with my family this year.  The kids had fun playing together, and of course hunting for eggs. Boy did it warm up that day. Then turned chilly right after.  Ahhh pure Michigan for ya!


Right now I'm working on our fundraiser garage sale that's going on next Saturday. 🏬  My sisters neighborhood is having their annual sale, and I sure hope there are more people there this year than last.  I have a ton of stuff for this sale.  I took today off to start working on some things in the basement.  Time to pitch and ditch.  I always say this but seriously this has got to be my last garage sale right!? I'm praying it is...  But it'll help us with our agency funds so I'm excited about that. As we continue to work through our paper chase different fees become due some are big some are small. We will also be applying for different grants and have more fundraisers as time goes one.

This weekend we'll be spending time outside at church doing the annual clean up. Geesh I really  hope we don't get more snow..  Sunday we'll gather with family to celebrate the Aunt Virginia's life and share some memories.

We ask that you continue to pray for us, as a family and for our next little one.  God has her/him already planned for us.   Thank you for the love and support.  Have a blessed weekend!

Becky

In our rush to get to our bikes we tripped and
hit the corner of the sand box. 

Here today

Gone tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment