1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Gotcha Day and the last few weeks.


Celebrating Cheng's Gotcha day was such a wonderful blessing.  This boy...  Such a broken heart he had that day 2 years ago when we first met him. 😢😭😭  We'd been loving him for months before that day. I knew we'd most likely have a totally different day from when we met Nian, our quiet trusting little boy, grieved at night.  Like his older brother Cheng's first reaction was to take a step back. In fact the little stinker was pulling the director to leave. 😏 haha he was having none of this new family.  Oh he knew who we were and carried our pictures around his orphanage room telling everyone we were his mama and baba.  Oh and how he grieved.. 😭😭 that sensitive soul of mine..  Makes me cry even now just remembering that day.  He was so so heartbroken. such loss he had that day. You can never be prepared for that even after having been down that road once already...

Oh Cheng we love you..  Poor guy grieving so hard.

about an hour or so later he calmed down

Evan, drinking the BEST coffee ever!

We postponed Cheng's 2 year Gotcha celebration due to an awards dinner we had for my work.  I was honored to be nominated as Civilian Employee of the Year.  There were 3 of us that were nominated and while I didn't get it I was still blessed just to be nominated.  Feels good to get such a high acknowledgement of my work.  And what a blessing to be in a department that appreciates not only my work but each employees work. 😊 Love it.  It was so fun for Joe and I to get out for some much needed adult only time.




Dinner was really good we went to a Chinese Buffet, Cheng's choice.  I think their favorite thing was the ice cream. 🍣🍦 They boys had fun though.  Evan, Uncle Brian and Aunt Brennie met us there.  Now if Caleb had been with us it's be almost like our trip. Of course the food is never as good as it is in China, no matter where you go for Chinese....
Cheng crashed on the way home.  big surprise for that kid! 
The next day we had a nice lazy day for a change.  It was super cold again but me and my girl had some mom time together. Ya know she'll never turn down a chance to walk no matter what the weather.  It was raining today when we went..  still better than a few weeks ago!

Nian has weekend challenges from his teacher.  This one was a chilly one but we all headed out for a walk last weekend, took a pic and then headed right back home.


The last few weeks have been busy.  We have started our paper chase, it amazes me how much has changed since we've been home.The sooner we get everything done the better.   We were suppose to have our 2nd home study visit but our social worker was sick so we'll add it to the end of our next 2 back to back visits. I have been working on photo books for the boys from both of our China trips.  I have coupons for both books so that helps with our budget.  I got a few other offers that I couldn't pass up so I've started working on fundraiser items.  Magnets are good, not sure about the mugs. 

We are still going strong with our Dave Ramsey baby steps.  Still in step 2 but we're doing good.  Our  budget gets tighter each month, especially with our adoption paperwork starting up.  We've also been doing good at eating healthier and counting our calories.  We've both dropped some weight in the last month and I feel so much better.  I can't see it much but I can feel it.  My coat isn't as snug, or my pants. I've even started parking up a level at the ramp to get some extra stair steps. It's hard work but well worthy the lifestyle change for the both of us.  I will be extra thankful for this change next time we climb The Great Wall. 🏯


 And this boy...  Such a rough start for us but look where he is now. Such a ham!




Thanks for stopping by and continuing your prayers, love, and support of our ever growing family.  We can't wait to get our paper chase done and our documents to China! Blessings to you this week. Stay safe and warm.  I hear it's supposed to warm up this week. HA we live in Michigan so I'll believe it when I feel it.



No comments:

Post a Comment