Another month has gone by and I've yet to find time to update the blog. This has not been my intention.... I have always hoped, and still do, to keep it updated more and use it as a journal for years to come. 1 is 2, 2 is 4 Shellee wasn't kidding about that.. Again, so much has happened since our last post, and I'll try to remember it all... so here goes, not necessarily in date order...
We head to Klackles for our annual visit this time with two VERY
busy, active, non stop 3 year olds. Cheng and cousin Ava are two peas in pod let me tell you. At one point I was taking some pics of Joe and Jennell at the apple toss while I had the other kids in a bike area. Ava was out that door the minute I turned my head.. I was surprised Cheng wasn't right behind her... I sure got a taste of what 3 kiddos will be like. Of course I can hope and pray our #3 isn't as busy. YIKES. but we'll love it anyway... Cheng has a great time, but he was a little unsure of the real horses... He loves the carousel and Sandy at Meijer but a real live horse.. He stayed on about as long as he could then he was outta there. So different from Nian who was always gun ho about Sandy but then freaked when she started, yet he loved the real ones..
 |
| Right before her great escape! |
Nian has been on some really awesome field trips this year with his preschool class. He recently went to Blanford Nature Center. We are so happy that he gets excited about the outdoors and all that nature has to offer us. It was be a ton of fun taking him camping next year, if we actually make it out and about. No complaining from that one when we go off the beaten path! LOVE IT! They also got a visit from Plainfield fire dept which is just down the road. Nian informed me the other day that he'd like to be a fireman when he grows up. Lets just hope he doesn't announce that at my work. ;) Good natured police/fire rivalry going on here.
We spend my mom's birthday doing breakfast on the fire. It's been a long time since we've done that and just about everyone was there. It was pretty fun. The boys as usual had fun with their cousins.
 |
| Got my family in this and didn't even realize it. sweet! |
Halloween was super fun this year. We headed over to my friend Bobbi Jo's for her annual pumpkin carving party shortly before the big night. The boys had a ton of fun and I got to catch up with some friends I hadn't seen in a while. Cheng was so cute in his Nemo costume and was having a great time trunk or treating at Aunt Brenni's church, and then handing out candy at our's. We then went to Aunt Vickie's to trick or treat around her neighborhood. Yeah call me crazy... The boys had fun, especially Nian who got to run with the older cousins from house to house. Cheng of course wanted to wear his boots so we were a little slower moving.. but he had fun too.
 |
| Nian, Jennell, Ava, Cheng |
 |
| Everyone had to try my Halloween wig but the other two wouldn't be happy if I shared their pics. |
 |
| Aunt Vickies |
 |
| Bobbi Jo's Pumpkin Carving Party |
Cheng was itching to get to school but we had to get a few things taken care of first. and then that boy was ready to go. He had his first surgery a few weeks before but everything went great. He didn't get as loopy as Nian did with the goofy meds they give them prior to going back. It helps them relax prior to going to sleep and getting their IV in. However, strong boy that he is, that's the first thing he tried to take off when we got back to recovery. Ugh i'm not sure why they don't Always put the iv in their feet... Seriously this kid is super strong...
 |
| Locked in so loopy boy doesn't fall. |
I also finally got the carpet pulled in the living room. The wood floor under it was AWESOME.... We weren't sure what we'd find but the worse spots were already uncovered by the front closet. It was a lot of work but worth it. I just love them...
Thanksgiving was really good and relaxing..... I don't remember ever having felt so relaxed at a family function. It was really nice to just enjoy each others company. We brought the boys bikes with us so they could ride with their cousins. They had fun doing that, and playing in the back yard on Aunt Vickies mini trampoline by the swing set. Guess that means they'll have no problems at the bounce house when we go. And of course I shopped that morning, and the next, and the next..... Black Friday not only means deals, well Thanksgiving had better ones, but it also means I can "officially" start celebrating Christmas in the Buss house. That's about the only rule Joe enforces here, so I can handle that.
 |
| Gooble Gooble - made at daycare |
 |
| We missed Uncle Tom Tom at Thanksgiving |
 |
| Cheng did good for his first tree decoration. |
Arrr maitey we had a good time celebrating Nian's 5th birthday this year. He invited a few friends from preschool so that was fun to have them there and to get a chance to talk to their mom's too. Thanks Brenda for suggesting we get a pic of him by his cake early. We were so busy doing games and crafts that we didn't get any pics.
 |
| Nian working on his monster truck from Aunt Bev, Uncle Adam, Eleana, and Laural |
Last week Cheng started Preschool, finally... He'd been so excited for so long then when I dropped him off he didn't want me to leave. So I went in for a few minutes to look at his room, the quickly snuck out the door. I didn't hear him crying when I was in the hall so that's a good thing. I don't think Joe was as lucky on Thursday so we'll see what tomorrow brings. His teacher said he did really good, and was listening.
 |
| At Home |
 |
| Across the hall from big brothers room |
 |
| Pick up time. Just a little excited to me I think, oh and Miss Hannah. |
Amazing that we've come this far so soon. In a few months we'll be doing Nian's 3 year post adoption report and another month after that will be Cheng's 1 year post adoption report. Hard to believe this boy hasn't even been with us a year yet, seems like they have BOTH been here since birth. Yet sometimes China seems like just last week. We would love to go back and pray that we can. So many changes recently with China, we pray that nothing more will happen between now and when we start the process again.
Elf Mel came back to visit us this week. Nian remembered and told Cheng "you can't touch her or her magic will go away". Cheng wasn't thrilled that she dumped their cars under the tree since he had to clean them up, so he told her to go into the corner. But hey at least he didn't throw her like Nian did that first year. I did tell her she needs to pick some high places to hang out this year. somehow I don't see Cheng not touching her if she's within reach. So far she's been pretty creative.
 |
| Playing with the boys! |
well it's getting late and I have to work tomorrow. Hopefully two of the 3 boys in the house will stay out of my bed, and in theirs.... Sure doesn't make for lousy sleep and a back when little feet are pushing.
Thanks for sticking around and following our posts, as few and far between as they have become. Honestly most nights I get the boys to bed and head there myself. Out like a light...
We hope you have a blessed week. And we'll try to update more often.
~ Becky
No comments:
Post a Comment