So I had an epic fail this year for the Mid Autumn Moon Festival. Last year I made homemade moon cakes which were the bomb by the way! I had every intention of making them again this year.. But ya know... boys....................... 😲
So much has happened since my last post I'll try to remember it all. Sorry if I have any repeat info in here.. but hey.. #kids #boymom #INEEDSLEEP
Nian's surgery went really good. It was really long day, and the surgery was longer than we expected.. Oh and we had Cheng with us too... Hind site... Had we known it was going to be such a long surgery we wouldn't have brought him with us. He lasted until about noon. We were there at 6am. 😬 Nian was sidelined from doing pretty much anything the first week after. What we didn't realize until we had the consult with Dr. Mann after is that he'd have to go back in a week later to get some stitches taken out. Uh what?? That went really well, but this time Nian woke up not so great so the nurse quickly got us together and on our way. It helped.... He finally settled down once we got back home. and yes we left Cheng at daycare for that one!
Surgery meant he missed the "official" first day of preschool. He was able to start a week later. He LOVES school and wishes he could go every day God bless him. I hope this excitement stays with him as he gets older.
Cheng really wants to go to preschool too so we've kick up our potty training up a notch this last week. He's doing really good. He's not fond of going when he wakes up in the middle of the night, especially if he doesn't "have" to go.... But we're working on it.
I was able to hand out with my sisters for a Lake side sister night. It was so great to be with them again, we rarely get to hang out just the 4 of us. And I love my kids but damn it was nice to get a night away. Spouses and kids came out the next day to hang out at the lake. It was a great day nice and warm and the lake wasn't too cold. Cheng of course LOVES the water, but like his mom HATES the life jacket. He's learning that it's not an option at this point. But boy I feel for the kid. I hated wearing mine too when I was younger. We need to get them into swim classes this winter. The boys had a great time fishing with their dad, and surprisingly there was no fighting over driving the boat.
Joe and Nian had a haircut so I took the boys to check out Playworld in Grandville, and then we hit Russ's for dinner. This was my first solo with the boys... for dinner... out... Call me crazy cuz I sure as hell did... It was actually not too bad. Everyone was entertained by the boys so that was a bonus. And the check out girl is from China too, hey Nian asked her cuz ya know #boys #China. Can't stop his curiosity and we never would try. Especially when it comes to China and other kids from China.
Cheng and I headed over to Toys R Us to use his birthday gift card. WHAT WAS I THINKING??? We spent 20 mins in the first part of the store before i could get him to move on. THEN he found the riding toys. Oh Good Lord..... He finally settled on some Thomas train sets, we were there for a few hours.
We had a family picnic that the boys a good time at. Playing with cousins most of the day. Sunday we headed to Dutch Village for their last day of rides. Someone braved the swings for the first time. Mom can only do that once. ugh too dizzy.. Brave boy even let go of the chains, stinker.. But they had a good time.
Today we pick up some pumpkins and went to the dentist. Woot Woot no cavities for either of them. This weekend we head to Klackles apple orchard. Can't wait. now for the weather to cooperate and we'll be all set! We'll see...
Thanks for stopping by and following along. Here are some pics. Have a wonderfully blessed weekend!
![]() |
| Darth Vadar's cape |
![]() |
| BOO |
![]() |
| This thing spin around and the boys LOVE it. We need one in our yard! |
![]() |
| Helping Pastor with Capel |
| I'm too sexy for my life jacket. |
| Chen + Ava = 2 peas in a pod, Trouble, No Shoes, Heaven Help Us |
| Isabel was glad to be at Papa and Mimi's but not on the leash. |
| It's always fun with BUBBLES |
| This happened tonight. I dared to shut the office door to get some work done. I know.... How dare I!? |
A boy, his Dog and his Bear.. |













No comments:
Post a Comment