1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Shew - what a weekend!

Hello again.  I finally have a few minutes to update the blog and give you all a bit more info.  Sorry about the short post last time.  I wanted to share our news but didn't have time to give a full out post. How fitting that I still have the Year of the Horse on here as son #2 was born that year.  So now we will have a Dragon and a Horse in the house with 2 Boars... 



Monday came and went, sadly without a call for a match.  Tuesday afternoon, 2:03 pm est to be exact, while I work I got the call about a file.  Not quite what our MCC listed but would we mind taking a look at the file.  I got a lot of info from the CCAI caller who had just been to China a week before and met this little boy. He truly captured her heart.  I can now see why!  She sent his info to us to look over.  Not being able to get into my email from work I called Joe and told him about the call.  He got into my email and forwarded to me.  As, with everything about this 2nd process, it was nothing like our call for Nian.  We both looked at his pictures and his file. Discussed various questions we had about the whole phone call/info.  Then  I rushed into action.  Called the Dr.'s office, thank God cuz I know he made it happen, I got the nurse I wanted to talk to, told her what was going on, and then spent about 30 mins to an hour trying to get the damn fax machine at work to send the fax..  All of this before I left for the day.  Yes I could have dropped it off but that wouldn't have been until almost 5 so we wanted to get it to him asap.  We knew we had little time to waste. 

A little over 24 hours later, seriously at 2:26pm est., I called CCAI back and told them we would LOVE to locked this little guys file.  Locking the file is key to moving forward.  His file was set to go back to the CCCWA that weekend. During this time we aren't supposed to share any info or discuss his file with anyone as we have not "locked" his file to us.  We now had a set of tasks we needed to accomplish in short order.  The first being to get our LOI (Letter Of Intent to adopt said child) in to the CCCWA.  This would notify them that we do intend to adopt this specific child, and thus taking his file offline and "locking" it to us.  Ha - the first steps to officially making him a Buss! :-)   This tasked needed to be done "today" if possible.  Good thing CCAI is 2 hours behind us in CO, and my "pre planning" self because I had the letter ready to go.  It just needed to be updated. And I got it in to the right person with 2 minutes to spare before she left for the day. 

Thursday 3:14 pm est came the email that our FILE WAS LOCKED!!!!  (many tears of JOY, then and now!)  Joe sent me a text/forwarded the email right away.  SO EXCITED!!!!   On to the next set of tasks to complete, one of them being that we can send our little boy a care package.  And since he's in one of the LOCC's (Lily Orphan Care Center) we are very confident that he'll get his package, unlike Nian who probably never did.  Another great thing about lil brother being at the LOCC is that they work directly with our agency so we could be more/better updates on him. What a blessing that is! 

Right now we have a few paperwork items to take care of, these will done in no time and do not require the additional checks that the Dossier documents did. So we can complete them and send then back in.  Now I know way we were delayed like we were.  Lil brothers file would not have been available to us had our paperwork made it to China a week before.  I will forever say that everything happens for a reason.  Sometimes you find out right away, a few years later, or maybe never.  God's plan is already in the works for us and our family.  We just have be patient, listen and have faith! Thank you Lord for this little boy!!!!!!

Nian was SO excited to finally see lil brother.  He can't wait to get to China and meet him.  He's already picked out a few things lil brother "needs" us to take over there.  This care package will be fun to put together.  We'll let Nian pick a few things out to add to it. Lil brother.  I do need to share that we will not be sharing any photos of him online until we have him in our arms!!!!  I will be sure to carry a picture of him with me so when I see you just smile when I show it to you whether you want to see it or not cuz Yeah I'm that kinda mom! ;-)

I took Friday off to work on some fundraiser bake sale items.  I do have to say that "My sisters famous fudge" was actually my attempt at my sisters famous fudge, so I hope you enjoyed it.  I can't tell you why but I can't ever make the fudge turn out if she's not around.  And seriously all I do is stir the pot when we make it, but she has to be there.  So sorry if it's not as good as it usually is.  Thanks for buying it and supporting us. 

After I got Nian from Daycare we headed over to a little park to both play a bit.  I brought his bike and Isabel so we could walk first.  He really likes this park I think because it's a bit smaller than the big school playground we usually go to and it's usually empty.


Driving Miss Isabel!

Swinging higher than Mam

My brave sometimes fearless boy...
We had a good turn out and a ton of items up on the tables. We got more puzzle pieces sponsored, and a few t shirt pre-sales.  Everyone who was there got to see pictures of little brother.  Some items came back home with us, but that's OK I have a few more things in mind and will take care of them before the end of the year. I hope.  I'll be doing an online auction in November, and will be getting a table at our church's Cookie and Craft bazaar the 1st Saturday in Dec. 

Here's a few items that came back with us.


Merrell Woman's Small Shell jacket will be in online auction

Handmade Jewelry by Barb

5 in 1 Necklace


Our T-shirt sale should be kicking off soon.  I told Joe we should probably send the file over to make sure the image we created is doable. I'm sure it won't be a problem but I'd like to get it okay-ed first.  We just LOVE it!!  THANK YOU Uncle Adam!! You are Awesome!  You should go into business designing adoption shirts! :-)   We are going with a local business owner to print our shirts, who also will be getting the shirts from a local business. Love that we are able to keep it local! Small business is good!  Now can we truly call it Michigan made???? 

We should have our LOA (Letter of Approval from China to adopt lil brother) in about 2 months.  Once we have that our last agency fee will be due, and it's a big one.  Luckily we were able to raise half of it with out fundraiser.  We hope to get a matching grant for our T-shirt sales which would be awesome. That would take care of most of that fee! 

We are extremely BLESSED to have so many of you in our lives.  Your generosity mean so much to us, we appreciate everything you've done for us and our growing family.  My sisters are always there to step up and help, no matter what it is, and without my even having a chance to ask!  I LOVE you my sisters!!!  You three are the best and I hope my boys are as close when they get older as we are!  To my cousins who are always quick to ask what's next, what can we do, and to tell me to stop being silly of course we can do that whenever/whatever I ask of them!  My friends who will spend their time baking items for me to share with others.  Our dear neighbors who are always happy to lend us a crock pot, or bring us rice after being home for 2 weeks because I didn't think to actually make rice. go figure lol.  BIG HUG to you all!

We'd especially like to thank YOU!!! for taking the time to read about our growing family, to continue to support us, pray for us, listen to us, and just be there.  It take a village!!

We can't wait to you to meet lil brother.  and no we are not sharing him name at this time.  Again, it's one of the few things we can keep to ourselves.  Once we are in China, and have him in our arms we will introduce you to him properly. 

Blessings to you this week.  May the Lord Bless you and keep you!










No comments:

Post a Comment