1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

2 down 1 to go... I hope it's only 1

Well garage sale #2 is down, done, over, and in the books.  We had a really good day and made a little over $500.  Most of the left overs are headed to the local mission thrift store in Lowell and a few items have been taken to my parents for, dare I say, a fall sale....  Ugh sales are fun, in a I must be crazy sort of way (haha) but I always dread the day before.  Just the thought of putting it all together makes me cringe.  And as usual it wouldn't be a Becky event if I wasn't up late the night before and getting up early the next morning.  What can I say I'm a glutton for punishment, nuts, crazy, very gifted! That's just the way I roll, welcome the Becky's world.

I have to give a big SHOUT OUT  and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  to the wonderful people who have helped us with this latest fundraiser sale..    In no particular order and I hope I don't forget anyone.

My sisters & husbands - the BIGGEST cheer leaders for this Slow Buss Back to China. I think they get more excited then we do at times about this wonderful journey we're taking again.
Our parents - for their generous donations to the sale, and continuous support.
Jill Gorby - for the wonderful donations not only for the garage sale but a few great items I was able to use for past and future Auctions.
Aunt Dorothy - who donated the remaining items from our 1st sale last fall.
Shar - my sisters friend who kindly donated some items.
Chris and Arron Rule - can't thank these two enough.  They went to my parents house Friday morning, loaded up the tables and all the sale items, and hauled them to my sisters house. You guys are great we can't thank you enough!!!  Such a blessing not to have to deal with that at 530pm on a Friday night.

                                                                 We truly are blessed..  

Sorry I don't have any pictures to share of the event, the one time I forget my camera. I was just glad to not be leaving with more boxes than I went there with!

Our next big fundraiser is my Premier Design Jewelry party on May 19th 5:30 pm at 450 Briar Ln NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.   Come out if you can or check out their website http://www.premierdesigns.com/    20% of the sales will be donated to our journey!   This months special spend $75 get 50% 1 item. Want to book a party of your own let me know!

We are still working on a design for our t-shirt sale, and hope to get busy with grants as well.  We have visit #3 of 4 for our new home study this Thursday.  and in June is the big Dr. appointments for another paperwork portion of the Dossier.  While some might think we are moving pretty slow for getting to our next child, I say we have just started early.  We don't feel an urgent rush to get to where we are going as well have our own idea of when we'd like to see that happen.  We also know God is the one in control...  

Work is going really good. I am really liking my new job.  I am busy from the time I get there to the time I leave, but I'm SO happy....  I miss my water family, but know I'm in a much better place!  I'm super excited to start using the training room. woo hoo.  seriously I am.  remember I got that Dr appt next month..  China has certain weight requirements for adoption. I've been really good with what I've been eating lately and using the training room will be a huge help!  It also helps that our office is on the fourth floor, so I can start taking the stairs. and it's in an oval shape so I can do laps during my breaks. 

Thanks for stopping by and your continued support!  We pray that God blesses you and ministers to your needs.










No comments:

Post a Comment