1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Our 1st CHRISTmas together!

The most common question we had this CHRISTmas season was “Will be his first Christmas?".  Well I can't really say for sure if it was or not.  While Christian's are a minority in China, they do exist.  I couldn't tell you if his foster family was or not, or even if they still celebrated Christmas.  I know a few atheists that celebrate Christmas. Which I find to be funny cuz you can't have Christmas without Christ!!  So who knows?  Maybe his foster family had a tree and they exchanged gifts.  I do remember seeing a lot of Santa decorations while we were there, and I know other families who traveled in Dec took pictures by the hotels Christmas trees.



Nian seemed to enjoy our time together at home, and time spent with family as well.  At times I think the 3 of us felt a bit overwhelmed by all the goings on we had. We're use to it being just the 3 of us most of the time, and not really going anywhere when we're together. I was joining Nian on Monday morning with the whining noooo about having to go back to work.  

Christmas Eve Nian helped me do some cooking and baking.  Joe got out of work early and we headed to his parents for his family Christmas. Nian had a good time hanging out with cousins he doesn’t see often and of course Grandpa was there.  He got to play with Lego’s for the first time and LOVED them.  I see lots of Lego’s in our future for my boys!



Christmas morning was very relaxing for us.  Joe got to sleep in (surprise lol) while Nian and I just hung out and opened his stocking.  Santa sure did fit a lot into that little stocking of his.  I of course taped the whole thing so baba could watch once he was up.  My sisters had fun watching it too.  And I heard a new word from him so that was fun to share as well!  We opened presents, and headed off to church.  He did really well in service, until about his normal spot in the sermon then we headed to the nursery. I am very thankful that they have a speaker in there so I can hear the service. It's the best of both worlds!


THIS is why I DON'T wear nylons or dresses!

 We were able to come home and relax a bit before heading to my parents for the afternoon. He had a great time playing with his cousins and actually ate pretty well too.  It's hit or miss with that boy! A long few days with a lot of new experiences.  I'm glad he didn't get too overwhelmed by it all. He stayed engaged for the most part which is a big step compared when we first got home and were around a large group of people. He also had a big day of learning to share!
this was after a major melt down about sharing

We are looking forward to celebrating the New Year with Nian, then Gotcha day and all the 1 year anniversary days from China.  Not to mention Chinese New Year (Feb 8, 2016).  One of the local home study agencies invited us to their Chinese New Year celebration.  I’m hoping we’ll be able to go.

One of our fellow travel families will be heading back to China to bring their daughter home.  How fun for them if it was on the same time frame as we all went earlier this year.  Our friends Kristen and James who are waiting to meet their child. Many prayers go out to both families, as well as another fellow travel family who bring their daughter home in April or May, and our dear friends Aunt Bev and Uncle Adam who are waiting to meeting their daughter.  We pray they get their match with her soon!

We hope you all have a Safe and Wonderful New Year!  And that God blessings you and ministers to your needs!

Talk to you next year! ;-)  I love saying that lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment