1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Monday, June 29, 2015

Surgery and the weekend!

Nian’s surgery went great.  THANK YOU for all the prayers.  I feel better prepared and more at ease about his next one, which will be anywhere from 3 ½ - 5 hours.

  He was a real trooper that day, and surprisingly happy while in the pre op room.  I was afraid he’d be upset as he’s not fond of the Dr.’s office but he jumped right up on the bed and go his sleeping tiger gown on and played away. He thought the mask was funny and had a good time trying it on Joe and me.  He was especially curious about the anesthesiologist and the outfit he was wearing.  He did get sick a few times on the way home but nothing too major.  He was out for most of the day after that. By Friday he was feeling much better.  He’s not a big fan of the ear drops so we’re hoping to not need those anytime soon!

This weekend was pretty low key and hung around the house for the most part.  We did head out to Target and Meijer to use a few gift cards we had.  We picked up some safety needs for around the house, and a beginners Thomas and friends train track.  I got that bad boy on clearance so I couldn’t pass it up.  We got a Percy train to go with it and some other box cars.  He wasn’t too fond of the bike helmet we got but once I put it on him he laughed.

Sunday was a rough day with us all lacking sleep.  Tempers flared on all fronts here. Nian was overly tired at night and woke around 11/1130 and cried for about 30 minutes. This transported me back to China and our first nights with him.  I remember he would cry and cry and cry until I started to cry myself wondering if I would ever be able to comfort and console our little boy.   Makes me tear up just remembering those feelings and that time in our lives where so much was changing for all of us. But now I KNOW I can comfort and console him.  I know that he won’t cry for an hour or more at a time.  I know soon he will quiet down and rest at ease knowing his is loved and home.  That scared little boy who upon first meeting me took a step back now reaches for me and wants me to hold him.
We know we still have more roads to travel with him.  He still gets that look on his face and those big eyes when we go somewhere new and unsure.  We just thank God everyday for the gift of our son, and how far he has come.  We think back and are amazed at how trusting he was of us and how much he changed in just those 2 short weeks while in China as a family.

Today he as actually sleeping when I picked him up at daycare. This tells me just how tired he must be.  He has only taken a nap there 3 times since he started.  Not that I mind because then he usually falls asleep at a decent hour and is out all night long. We’re hoping he will do the same tonight even with the little cap nap!

Tomorrow he will spend the whole day at Grandma and Grandpa’s.  He’s been there twice for a few hours each time already so we’re hoping a full day will be just fine. He will have his older cousin to play with so he should be happy. I am looking forward to a day away with one of my sisters on our annual trip to Shipshewana.  Her work sets up a day trip complete with full size bus to take us to and from.  Bonus is we don’t have to pay for this trip!

This weekend we also put a calming collar on Isabel as people pay no attention to the 3 day’s only on a holiday for fireworks law that pass.  I am SO excited about that one…   After a bad storm last summer fireworks and storms bother her now.  We are thankful she does not whine during this time, but it still upsets us that we are unable to calm her fears.  I am hoping this collar will work.  Not sure why people feel the need to let off loud booms with no bursts of color, or to let the colorful ones off while it’s still light out.  A very thoughtful person set said Loud Boom off at Midnight last week. Loved it….  Thought it was a wonderful show of consideration for the neighborhood to start a new day. A-holes.

I took the time today while Nian was napping to mow.  Yes a nap would have been wonderful. But there is much to do around here and limited to when we are all 3 awake together during the week so mowing it was.  I enjoy the time to myself to and let my mind wander.

 We’ve been working on getting some figures together for our next trip to China to get littler brother.  Figuring out our different options, what we use points for instead of paying, what items to start making for different fundraisers, what grants are out there and how do we apply for them. We will have to get a new home study, but we hope they will just update the one we have and not do a “full” new one.  Updates are cheaper than new. At least there are some things we won’t have to do for our paper chase round 2!   Our passports and Chinese Visas are both good for 10 years. I’m not sure why the government requires us to get our finger printing done “again” as they won’t change. But such is the way of the paper chase. We would like to plan the process so we are in China around the same time as our last trip.  Though it was chilly in Beijing, it wasn’t too bad in the other cities, and I can’t stand the heat and humidity so if I can pass that I’d be blessed.  However I have found that God of course has him own timing and he also has a wonderful sense of humor! ;-)

We are, well I am, SUPER excited for Nian to be celebrating his first Independence Day!  I can’t wait to see how he will be with everything.  I wish we had thought to get some Chinese lanterns for this weekend. We’ll just have to settle of watching other peoples float up, up, and away.

Well the day is coming to an end and Nian is of course wide awake! Thanks Cat Nap!  I myself have been yawning for the last half hour.  Thanks for sticking with this long post.  We are thankful and blessed by all the love, prayers, and support we continue to get on this wonderful journey we are on.


Blessings to you, and have a SAFE 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your updates! How cool would it be if we wound up in China together?!

    ReplyDelete