1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Friday, October 24, 2014

Random thoughts, questions, and observations

Welcome to our adoption journey blog.  Nothing new to report today we're still awaiting our LOA (Letter Of Acceptance/Approval).  I'm ok with this wait, I'm not sure why.  Could be because we have SO much to do yet around the house. Who knows. 

I often find random adoption thoughts and observations come to me at various times during the day.  Mostly in the truck when I'm on my way to work.  Other times at the grocery store or crowded place.  I really should carry pen and paper with me so I can jot them down.  Some are really good!

Here are just a few random thoughts and observations I've had since starting our adoption process.  they are in no particular order.

Adoptive mom's ride the same emotional roller coaster as pregnant women.  Ok I'm going on a limb with this one as I have never been pregnant but I'm pretty sure it's true.  Just ask my Husband how much fun he had with me last week! I'm sure he thought Halloween came early at our house!

If I was pregnant would anyone think twice about my emotion meltdowns?  Somehow I don't think so. 

Adoptive parents should get special buttons that say THEY have a baby on the way, they are just in our hearts not our tummies.

Could I get away with parking in the Expectant Mom parking spots?  Do the stores even have them anymore?  Call me odd but I always looked forward to the day I could park there.  Oh well...

"Cocooning" really is no different than coming home from the hospital with new born.  Not wanting visitors for a while shouldn't offend people so much!  (I'll be posting on Cocooning soon I promise!)

Why must we repeat ourselves? Oh y'all are just helping us with our parenting skills for the kids asking the same questions we answered the week before.  

Our children's cloths and shoe sizes should be required in their paperwork and updates.  Seriously how is a first time mom supposed to know what to buy!?

Holy crap I'm going to be a mom!!!! Yes I do break out into tears because I have a son. Ya know sometimes it just hits me and the emotion is SO powerful and overwhelming that I can't help but cry.  I love that little boy to pieces.  It's ok your can cry with me! :-) no one's looking

Isabel and her little brother are going to get into so much trouble. I just can't figure out which one will start the majority of it! 

How in the Heck do we pick out a car seat and a stroller?  and where the heck do I put it in the truck?

Holy crap batman we're going to need about 3 gates in this house, or more..  Wow we need to get busy toddler proofing the house. 

What the bleep am I'm going to do with all my crap and where am I going to put it? My husband wonders the same thing!

Funny how many people will walk past you and NOT reply to a friendly Hi.  I imagine that will change when we're pushing a stroller. Gotta love that, not. At least some of them acknowledge Isabel. She is pretty damn cute after all! 


such is the way my brain is working now a days.  These questions are rhetorical...  No need to answer them. 

Thanks for stopping by and giving me a few minutes to let my mind and thoughts wonder. 

We hope you will continue to pray for us and our little boy, as well as those who are caring for him. We pray for him and the foster family his is with everyday.  Thanks for your continued support.

Have a great weekend everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment