Hello.
Life has gotten busier at the Buss home, hence the long layover in posts. Fall is my favorite season. I love the color changes, the cooler weather, the apples and pumpkins, and that fall smell in the air. Spiced cider and Cocoa become staples in the house and you hold out as long as you can before turning the heat on. Which we just did a few days ago, to have the weather change on us and become oddly warm and rainy ICK!
Joe and I have been busy with yard work, helping my parents prepare for winter, and completing paperwork. I have pitched and ditched a lot items from little guys room. We still need to figure out where in the world my cloths are going. We will soon be running out of weekends and before we know it we'll be packing for the trip. :-) We still anticipate a March travel date.
We did get an update on little guy and he is currently in a foster mom. Which gives me mixed feelings of glad and sad. I'm so glad and Thankful that he's getting 1 on 1 care in a foster home and (I hope) getting a sense of "family" while there. I know it's better for him than being 1 of ? in an orphanage. I also grieve for what I imagine will be an even harder loss for him on Gotcha day. I can only imagine he has bonded with this foster family and that break my heart knowing he'll be so lost and confused when he's placed in our arms. I'm sure he feels this is His family. I have no doubt that he would experience loss as well if he were coming to us from an orphanage, my heart just aches for him knowing what is to come.
We pray that our care package reaches him, and that his foster family will use the photo album to help prepare him for Mama and Baba to come bring him home. I will be forever grateful to this family for opening their home to our little guy and loving and caring for him as if he were their own. We pray for them and their loss as well.
I have to admit I had to stage little guys room for the photo's I took to send him. I'm still trying to find a place for some items I haven't pitched and ditched. It did give me a glimpse of what it will look like once it's complete and I can't wait. I hope he loves it as much I we do.
Some changes are happening around us as well. I realized the other day that some of those changes are God's way of preparing us for parenthood, and our trip to China. He's defiantly teaching me patience and tolerance, that later I'm ashamed to say I'm having a little trouble with. But that's God's mysterious way of working. As humans we need to struggle sometimes to get the lesson! I try to be a good Christian everyday and know I struggle with it. And some challenges I wish I didn't have to face, but that's God will and work for me to do. As my bible study passage last night says - This is what the Lord Almighty says Administer true justice, show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other. Zechariah 7: 9-10. What wonderful words God showed me right when I needed them most.
This "paper pregnancy" (I got that from another mom and love it) has been such a journey. I can't even begin to explain to you all the emotions, joys, sorrows, anger and tears it brings. I know I can't compare it to a non paper pregnancy because they are so totally different. I am so thankful for the wonderful support I have had with other paper pregnancy women. They "get" it, which is a relief and a blessing when you hit a low.
We thank you for reading and joining us on this journey. We appreciate all the support and prayers you give us and our little guy! We hope you will add his foster family to those prayers. We pray that our gracious Lord will show you how he's working in your life, mysteriously or not. If you look you'll see his wonders!
May God bless you day!
No comments:
Post a Comment