1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas everyone.   I sound like a broken record here but i just noticed my last post was back in September at the start of school so WOW!  So much has happened and now i remember why I haven't updated, because every time I sit down to do it the boys either start arguing or need something then the time is gone..  but i'm going to try and get as much info out as I can..  but seriously who's been busy this year?

The boys are loving school, though Cheng wishes he was in school all day long but he'll be there soon enough.  Both boys lost their first tooth this fall, well Cheng lost his due to it being pulled, but then about a week or so later he actually lost one.  The adult tooth was coming in behind the lower front baby.  Same thing is happening now, we're just waiting for that baby tooth to become lose so we can get it outta there. not a pretty sight. He's becoming quite our little photographer.



Field trips are happening at both boys school, though I'm mostly going with Cheng on his.  We went to an apple orchard, and for 1 of Nian's we went fishing at Dean lake a short walk from school.  I also took the boys to the horse barn in Rockford and they got to ride in the arena for a few laps.  Love that they get to do this on occasion. 🐎




Love Hondo he's so pretty
Halloween was a lot of fun for the boys.  Both of them had parties and it was fun to be at them. We went to Gma and Gpa Buss's place for their trick or treating.  There were a ton of people there, and the older ladies loved the boys. We also did trunk or treat at Lamar park then a party at Shellee's, trunk or treat at church, where I FINALLY graciously won the best decorated trunk. (only took about 8 years but i'm not counting 😆) and we did our usual trick or treating at Aunt Vickie's which was cold and rainy. 👻💧 We still have candy left. 🍫🍬🍭
Had to boo the neighbors!

These are actually werewolf ears but he looks like Spock


Lamar Park
Wishing I had bought these so I could put one
on when the boys start to whine about shit!
 OMG i was crying in the store it's so funny.





So many costume choices they couldn't picl



The yearly trip to Frankenmuth was a good one this year. We switched things up and did the outlets until Sunday and more of the town on Saturday.  I was able to spend a fair amount of time in Bronners the best store on earth!



Ya never know what you'll find at the Antique store.

Ummmm  😆
We had a family game night which the boys always love. Nian always likes the pop with the guy on it.   Cheng is so cute in dad's hat. And we got some early snow mid November which always makes me miss my truck. 😭
Ginger Ale for those of you not in MI


Game called headbands. You put the card in the slot and have to guess
what card you have.  Hint: don't play with Cheng he likes to tell you what
you have and then laugh. 



Someone celebrated their 6th birthday this year.  He was super excited to have his party at a trampoline park this year, and even had some friends from school there to help celebrate.  We also surprised him with tickets to the Lion King which he LOVED.  Oh if you get a chance to see it DO. such an emotionally wonderful opening act with the animals walking in it's just so amazing.  Wish I had broke the rules and taken a pic.. Thanksgiving was a relaxing time too with family.





In the dodge ball area

Cheng finally could reach the bar to fly



Nants Ingonyama bagithia Baba Sithi uhm ingonyama
Right before Thanksgiving while Joe and Nian were out getting their haircut the phone starts ringing.  Of course it's no one I know so I'm about to let it go when *click* I realize that's a Colorado phone #. CCAI is in Colorado, but that doesn't look like one of their numbers.  I better answer this call THANK GOD I did...  Back in July we were told of a local Colorado company grant to apply for so we did, we spoke to the CEO of the company and were told we'd hear back in the fall (October ish) either way.  Well October came and went with no word.  They were calling us now!!!!  We were awarded a $5000 adoption grant which truly was a blessing.  We needed that grant to cover 2 fees in order to get our Dossier sent over to China.  Of course I was in tears and couldn't wait for Joe to get home.  Now to get busy finishing our pictures and sending everything to CCAI.
CCAI oked this pic so it's going in our Dossier, cleavage and all 😳 

Christmas parties were right around the corner. First a family one, then school, and work.  This Holiday season was so crazy busy wasn't it!!!  I know I"m not the only one who thought that.  A shout out to Jessica C from our first travel group!  Girl has 10 beautiful children, don't know how she does it all.  Just saw a post tonight her husband did about a few of her many accomplishments this holiday season. YOU GO GIRL...  I'm tired and only have 2.
Just a touch of snow on the ground, which is odd.



Boys helping me do Christmas cards.  See Nian has the
pop with the guy on it. 

Mia a lady at my work gave the boys these Chinese envelopes for Christmas

Turkeys on my way to the store.


Cheng goes Rudolph's nose in the right place!

Nian's class watched the Polor Express, decorated cookies,
and had hot cocoa for their party!

Tickets please, tickets!!!!

Not as bad as the parent pick up line but come on.. Park much!?
Oh wait I see part of the problem, it's a FORD


I get behind this bus just about EVERY time I head back to work
from getting Cheng from school to daycare. Hate it...

Nothing to see here people, just chilling on lil brothers bed. 

I see Santa


At Mr Burger.. omg Cheng is such a ham!


Elf Mel made a snowman... 
Christmas Eve morning we dropped the boys at
daycare and headed out to breakfast after getting
passport pics for our Dossier. 
My sister in law always has the best napkins at her bar! 

Our Christmas was really relaxing. The boys took turns opening their presents and let us sleep in too.  It always helps when I let them open their stockings while we sleep a bit longer.  I can't believe how warm it was too. Crazy weather.  We took advantage of it, especially with new scooters!  We headed to the Chinese restaurant for dinner. Cheng wasn't feeling too good tho so we didn't stay out too late.  



She is never amused with my picture taking.

Me and my coffee while Joe and the boys are putting
Lego's together... 



Nian thought Isabel needed a pillow and blanket.
She was tuckered out from the days activities.

Today we helped our great niece Jennell celebrate her 11th birthday.  Time sure does fly. Soon we'll be into a new year which will include a Bridal shower for our future niece Emily who will marry our nephew Caleb in March.  January 25th bring Chinese New Year.




Speaking of time..  I've spent the last few hours working on the blog and catching up on facebook.  The whole time listening to 80's music.  Those were the days..  We had some pretty awesome music, big hair but kick ass music!

Anyway...  Thanks for taking the time to catch up with us.  I hope to do better at keeping the blog updated. 

Have a SAFE and Happy New Year friends..


No comments:

Post a Comment