A few days will start my trip down memory lane as we're coming up on year 3 of our Nian being home. I'm not sure how we started but earlier this week I was telling Nian stories about China and when we became a family. He thought the story about the bird pecking dad was pretty funny. And how that dragon fruit was not his friend. His burn was a shocker to us, but has healed so well. How our first night together he woke up about every hour screaming and crying even though he wasn't really awake. How the threw his snack up, a brand new one at that, into the Pearl river.
We often talk about China. About our first trip there when we became a family. The many firsts we shared. About that 2nd trip just last year when we brought little brother home. All the fun and not so fun things about that trip. About how we all can't wait to go back again. About how excited Nian is for a little sister, even though God might decide it's another little brother for him, "No Mom a little sister" he'll say. And even though it makes me sad, it hurts my heart, and I often shed tears I still love it. I still can't wait to go back, and it still calls to me.
My children are in China,and I think I've always know that, it's not ever really been a surprise to me. It's hard to believe it's been almost 3 years since this wonderful family journey we started became real. It's hard to believe we are discussing our options for Kindergarten next year. Kindergarten... Where did the time go. I hope you bare with me, and indulge me a bit of memory lane over the next few weeks as I go back in memories and share, once again, that first journey as we became a family.
Thanks and Blessings to you.




aaawwwwwwwwwwe so sweet joer
ReplyDelete