We have 1 more piece of paperwork to collect for our home study and I'm just really not sure how to do that. My brain is going HUH on this one. I wish I could ask Kristen how they did theirs, but I won't bother her right now. She's only (heavy in the sarcasm) in China bonding with her son! :-) I just love following in friends journeys. It takes me back to our first visit and makes me long to be back there again. But first...... we have to get our paperwork done. I feel like I'm in an OH SHINY moment right now. Usually I'm more focused!
As I go through our folder and start checking more items off our Dossier list I realize we are close to doing our I-800. For the life of me I can't remember if we should already have something done at this point, when do we get our finger prints done, and Holy Crap we're not behind are we??? Alas when I got to that point of my folder I should have come into the kitchen and made myself some coffee. Nian was napping at this point of the day. Yes you read that correctly... He was NAPPING, on our couch, with US home.... Believe me I paid for it later that night. But anyway.... I of course didn't come in and make some coffee I attempted to print the guide for the form, and though I do now have it printed I'm still unsure where I'm supposed to be with it.
My sister was right you forget shit when you have kids. How could it be that 2 years ago today I was mailing 11 of our 13 Certified documents to the Chinese Consult in Chicago, facebook reminded me. and today I'm at a loss for what to do next. OH yeah... I have a busy son and no longer have all the free time in the world to be on line checking out what's going on... Yeah that was pretty much me 2 years ago. On the adoption pages of facebook every free moment I had, even during lunch at work!
Wow 2 years ago... How different our lives were. So much has changed in these 2 years. and I wouldn't change a thing, even the bullshit. Cuz it's made me a better person, a stronger women, a better mother and wife, and has brought me even closer to my GOD.
Joe and Nian are heading down to Joe's brother's this Saturday so I'm trying to figure out what to do from my long "to do" list. Ya know I can't just sit around playing video games or watching fixer upper no matter how much I'd love to.....
OH and HUGE thing for us here. Nian is in his Big Boy pants ALL NIGHT... That's ALL NIGHT PEOPLE... Love it..
Anyway Nian is out like a light, lets pray it's for the night and Joe is home so dinner is calling. Thanks for stopping by we hope to have more exciting news to share in the near future.
Please keep our friends Kristen, James and their son Will in your prayers. While Will did see pictures of Kristen and James, and knew he was getting a forever family it's still a difficult time for all of them.
you need to post pics please
ReplyDeleteyou need to post some pics ...PLEASE
ReplyDelete