It's been a constant busy around the Buss house. And it's fall is just getting into gear. As much as I look forward to the Holidays now is the time we MUST plan for them. We have learned in recent wek=eks, sorry had to clean up a mess of mandarin oranges and juice all over. Good times! Anyway, we have learned in recent weeks that too much busy on the weekend isn't good for us anymore, and more importantly it's not very good for Nian either! We have decided to be selective with our weekends from here on out, at least until after the new year. I'm looking forward to more us time, but will miss some of the other activities I know we'll have to pass on.
Nian is recovering great since his surgery. He's talking up a storm, and while we somethings don't understand what he's trying to tell us, we can for the most part get it all. He like to copy what we say and especially his favorite movies. Like Halloween, I no know (aka I don't know), Mike Wasowski, and that's Frank. He sure does keep us on our toes, now I really have to watch what I say. "Hey" is a common word for him, and a new one -why- is slowing starting to appear. I'm not sure where he got that word since we rarely use it here..... Lucky for us it's not a favorite word for him, yet!
Last weekend we helped celebrate cousin Ava's 1st birthday. Nian went into Toys R Us for the first time ever. 2 mins in the store and I'm thinking What The Heck was I thinking????? Of course they had a little kid car right there, then they had a FULL ROW of Thomas. It took us 30 minutes to get 1 gift, and I even knew what and where the gift was in the store. UGH.... We finally got to the party and of course I forgot the bag with all the stuff we said we'd bring. Cake is still good even if it doesn't have frosting! Just so you know. :-)
Saturday we went to Klackles, a local orchard, and met Aunt Vickie and cousin Jennell. Nian had a BLAST!!! He wasn't too impressed with the donuts there but he liked the cider and the slide. We paid our admission, which thankfully we didn't have to pay for him geesh the prices on things now a days. He experienced A LOT of 1st that day! He had his carousal ride, first pony ride, petting zoo, feeding of the animals, apple picking, wagon ride, and I'll say this one was emotionally hard for me - his first "train" ride. It was rough letting him go on that one alone. It was a 1st for mama and baba too, letting go like that. Yes I did cry. That was some precious cargo the guy was carting around, I hope he realized that!
| He had a GREAT time on the "train" while I held my breath! |
| It was a very cold and windy start of October! |
| I think he wanted down! |
| He wasn't really too sure of the cow. |
We still have a ton more 1st to experience we can't wait. This week he will go with his Papa and Maymay to the zoo. Along with some cousins. This will also be a good chance for our nephew Evan to experience Nian on his own in a way. Since he'll hopefully be going with us on our next adoption adventure they will get a chance to see how things with be without mom and dad around! I'm glad Nian will get a chance to hang out with my parents, and know this will be a very fun 1st for him, even though we won't be there. We are so excited for this time for them all to be able to bond a little more.
This little boy sure does keep us busy, but we feel so blessed to be his parents. We love showing him this wonderful world and all the great things God has made and done for us. We continue to pray for patience, understanding, and continued good health. We hope the Lord blesses you and ministers to your needs as well.
I'd like to end with a special prayer out to our fellow adoption families and friends. Especially those who are currently awaiting their matches and LOA's. You guys have our prayers and support. We know your families will be complete soon! God is Great!
Thanks for stopping by and we hope you have a wonderful weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment