1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Monday, September 7, 2015

1 down, well almost, 1 to go!

HAPPY SEPTEMBER...    Let me start by saying I am SO excited to be able to enjoy a Pumpkin Spiced Latte now that September is actually here!  WOO HOO FINALLY!!!!!!!!  I just wish this warm weather would move out and fall would actually start.   I got a little spoiled last week with the nice cool weather!  Ok, on with the post............. (side note I went to Starbucks that night and they are NOT getting their pumpkin spice latte's until the 8th, ugh)

We have had 2 big hurdles we have been wanting to tackle but decided to wait until after surgery to start!  Let's face it that was a major surgery Nian went through and we weren't about to add more stress to it!  For any of us.

Two Fridays ago we started to work on 1 of those hurdles, and that was getting Nian in his own bed.  It has been a slow and steady process but it's working really good.  He sleeps through most of the night, but we do get the occasional early morning wake up call. We were very excited when he picked out his little bumble bee to  light up the room.  It has different colors and plays music/nature sounds too.  For some reason he's not too fond of it at night when it's bedtime.  I'm not sure if it's the shapes on the walls that bothers him, or the fact that he knows it means bedtime when we turn it on.  Each night it takes less and less time for him to fall asleep so we know we are at least making progress.

Once this is accomplished we will work on a full potty training program.  Right now when we're home we let him go commando and he'll go to his potty when he needs to.  We need to work on the big boy pants and still go potty!  But we'll get to that stage in bit.  We bought some Thomas pants this weekend and hope they will encourage him when we get started.

This past week we are all recovering from some sort of bug that just likes to hang around.  Ugh I will be so glad, we all will, when we're done coughing and blowing our noses. This weekend might have been the last of it, we hope!

Nian had his 6 week appointment with the surgeon this past week and everything is healing good. He still has some stitches but they will devolve on their own.  We have to wait longer than we'd like to start his speech therapy but we'll do what the Dr. suggest.

While we don't wish for Nian to grow up too fast, I will NOT miss the early morning wake up calls he gives.  I'm not sure why this boy can not sleep in on the long weekends. It's been so hot lately that I'm hoping when the cooler weather gets here he'll be so tired from playing outside that we can all sleep in. Even a short nap would be nice one in a while.  But really who has time!?

I feel good about everything I accomplished this weekend.  I have everything sorted and ready for the garage sale next weekend.  This will be a good trial sale run for me.  We'll be having a big one in May of next year as a fundraiser for our next adoption.  But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves! There are still so many new things to lean and see before that happens.

We are looking forward to cooler weather, open windows, and all the fun fall brings with it.  Hopefully we'll have a few bonfires thrown in there too.  This year has just flown by.

Tomorrow will mark 1 year since we got our referral for Nian. We've come so far since that day.  I can still remember where I was when that phone call came.  Oh how our lives have changed since then, we are so grateful and thankful for this blessing the Lord has given us. He's come a long way too!  I remember looking at that sweet face and telling Joe, there's our son.  It didn't matter what his file or medical records told us, he was OUR CHILD.  and that my friends is when it becomes "real"! 

Then

Now


Thanks for continuing to follow our journey.  We hope you are having a wonderful and Safe Labor day weekend.  Blessings to you for the coming week!




No comments:

Post a Comment